Steve Phillips: World Class Idiot?

TCQ

I was watchin Baseball Tonight the other day and they were doing their best of so far awards. THey gave the sox bullpen the best in the AL, and rightfully so, but he gave the cubs the best starting pitching in the NL? Also no recognition of the sox starters, dont they lead the league in quality starts and are the sole reason this teams in first. The Cubs thing is laughable because Z, whens hes not crying or beating something like an ape, is legitimate and then thats about. I dont see dempster throwing 200 innings a year after closing and after him lilly and marquis have been inconsistant.

The Sox starters are very good, but they are not the best in the league. No way. I don't care what the ERAs say or what not, but when you are relying on two guys who haven't pitched full seasons yet, you can't be considered the best. I think Floyd and Danks are really good, Danks is really really good, but they are young and still gonna have lumps and bruises, i.e. Danks inability to pitch deep in ball games. Contreras is 36 (if not older), so you still got some questions. They are good, but not the best. I would take the Angels starters over anyone. BTW, Cubs startes are overrated, too. Zambrano = stud, but Lilly is a putz, Marquis is not good and Gallagher is young.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
I was watchin Baseball Tonight the other day and they were doing their best of so far awards. THey gave the sox bullpen the best in the AL, and rightfully so, but he gave the cubs the best starting pitching in the NL? Also no recognition of the sox starters, dont they lead the league in quality starts and are the sole reason this teams in first. The Cubs thing is laughable because Z, whens hes not crying or beating something like an ape, is legitimate and then thats about. I dont see dempster throwing 200 innings a year after closing and after him lilly and marquis have been inconsistant.

Teams are struggling on the road because they can't take amphetamines anymore according to Phillips.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
Teams are struggling on the road because they can't take amphetamines anymore according to Phillips.

Others have said this as well. It's not that far-fetched, on the road, you are tired, jet lagged, you need something to get you "energized."

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jun 16, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)

Neither do I. I don't even see him pitching well for whatever innings he does pitch. But he has been amazing so far, so why does that matter for a "best of so far" award? The Cubs starters have been at least close to the best in the NL, even though that doesn't mean they'll keep it up.