Bill Bavasi Fired

DBAHO

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
If you could re-sign Crede right now to a 3-4 year deal (if he fires Bora$$, which has been rumored), I would deal Fields in a Ichiro package.

I'd offer Swisher + Fields + Broadway and / or Poreda for Ichiro, and that'd be it, I'd want to hang onto Floyd and Danks.

But of course, the M's have Beltre at 3rd, but they could always use Fields at 1B for a season or 2.

The Yankees have Damon, so I don't really see them after a leadoff hitter. They need Sabathia more than they need Ichiro. The Red Sox on the other hand, I could certainly see that happening, especially considering they have Buckholz in AAA.

I might be in the minority, but if we could sign Crede, I would deal Fields in a heartbeat for a big named player. I don't hink the Sox need another all or nothing guy in the line up.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
No and no.

Is the idea that Ichiro and Johjima don't like each other, or that they're both disgruntled with the Mariners? (Cuz Johjima especially has zero right to b**** about the team's performance.)

Maybe they're both isolated from the rest of the clubhouse (Johjima especially).

My guess is Ichiro is disgruntled with the performance of the team though, and you can hardly blame him for that, especially with how they went last season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
I might be in the minority, but if we could sign Crede, I would deal Fields in a heartbeat for a big named player. I don't hink the Sox need another all or nothing guy in the line up.

Agreed. Joe's a more well rounded hitter ATM, although Fields' probably has the more power.

You just don't get the chance to trade for a superstar such as Ichiro very often, and I think we possibly have the pieces to pull something off here.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
If you could re-sign Crede right now to a 3-4 year deal (if he fires Bora$$, which has been rumored), I would deal Fields in a Ichiro package.

I'd offer Swisher + Fields + Broadway and / or Poreda for Ichiro, and that'd be it, I'd want to hang onto Floyd and Danks.

But of course, the M's have Beltre at 3rd, but they could always use Fields at 1B for a season or 2.

The Yankees have Damon, so I don't really see them after a leadoff hitter. They need Sabathia more than they need Ichiro. The Red Sox on the other hand, I could certainly see that happening, especially considering they have Buckholz in AAA.

The M's would never take that offer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
The M's would never take that offer.

Well I mean, do you think the Sox would HAVE to add or offer 1 of Floyd or Danks to that deal?

I'd be impartial maybe to including Gavin, but then you've only got 4 starting pitchers in the rotation.

This is where it would be nice to have a good farm system.

But Swisher and Fields would be 2 potential building blocks for the M's (although Swisher's value is low, but he is rebounding at the plate), and Broadway would be an upgrade as a 5th starter for them right now.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Well I mean, do you think the Sox would HAVE to add or offer 1 of Floyd or Danks to that deal?

I'd be impartial maybe to including Gavin, but then you've only got 4 starting pitchers in the rotation.

This is where it would be nice to have a good farm system.

But Swisher and Fields would be 2 potential building blocks for the M's (although Swisher's value is low, but he is rebounding at the plate), and Broadway would be an upgrade as a 5th starter for them right now.

The issue is that while Swisher and Fields would be "Potential building blocks", they're not the kind of pieces a team like Seattle would be looking for in order to trade their most popular player who brings in a lot of income as it is. They'd correctly be looking for a young, cheap, budding star. You start talking about Quentin + Danks and you might have a shot, because of the numbers Q put up this year. If they don't get it, then they have Ichiro signed for 5 years anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)

Regardless of what happens with Crede, I'd move Fields for talent (minor league or major league). Fields won't live up to his hype (imo).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
The issue is that while Swisher and Fields would be "Potential building blocks", they're not the kind of pieces a team like Seattle would be looking for in order to trade their most popular player who brings in a lot of income as it is. They'd correctly be looking for a young, cheap, budding star. You start talking about Quentin + Danks and you might have a shot, because of the numbers Q put up this year. If they don't get it, then they have Ichiro signed for 5 years anyway.

This is of course unless Ichiro demands to be traded or something.

That wouldn't suprise me because it could take a while to rebuild that mess that they've gotten themselves into, especially if they lose Bedard (who's a FA after this season IIRC).

We'll wait and see what happens anyway, but if I was KW, I'd be at least asking the question.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
This is of course unless Ichiro demands to be traded or something.

That wouldn't suprise me because it could take a while to rebuild that mess that they've gotten themselves into, especially if they lose Bedard (who's a FA after this season IIRC).

We'll wait and see what happens anyway, but if I was KW, I'd be at least asking the question.

Bedard's a fa after next season, not after this one.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
Bedard's a fa after next season, not after this one.

Oh well that changes things.

I wonder if the Yanks would give up Hughes and Kennedy for him at least, and then they try to sign Sabathia in the off-season. Although the stock of those 2 pitchers is certainly down from the off-season, so they'd have to give up more.

But Bedard is exactly what that team needs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 01:04 PM)

And Crede and his .260 career average and .309 obp isn't an all or nothing guy?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)

Fields doesn't have the glove or the ability to adjust that Crede has. Crede also isn't going to strike out 150 times, which is the epitome of an all or nothing guy.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)

Joe struggled early in his career, but when he's been healthy out of the last 3-4 seasons, his numbers would be better than that.

That's why I don't look at career averages for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
Fields doesn't have the glove or the ability to adjust that Crede has. Crede also isn't going to strike out 150 times, which is the epitome of an all or nothing guy.

Crede also doesn't have 40+ homer potential nor the speed/athleticism Fields does either. It's a two way street.

Regardless, I still think the White Sox 3Bman next year is from outside the organization. I don't think Crede fires Boras, because he wants to get paid first and foremost, and I think Fields could be moved either at the deadline (which I view as less likely, seeing the limited number of holes the Sox have) or in the offseason.