Dewayne Wise is up Paul Konerko to the DL

quickman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the move will be retroactive to Sunday. But wow, I mean Wise has some speed, a solid lefty bat, but I thought that JO or Eldred would have got the call. Kina surprising. But say hello to Brian Anderson in CF for the next week. We'll finally get to see if he can cut it as an every day player. Wise will probably get some starts against tough righties, but it's BA's time to shine. I just hope Ozzie doesn't put Alexei in CF and keep Juan at second. IMO, Juan deserves to ride the pine and Alexei should stay at second the rest of the year.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:21 PM)
Sort of uninspired, but, might be the best fit I suppose. Owens got hurt today, Fields is DL, Cook is probably not ready, and Getz is not really a CF.

All told, I think I would still rather have seen Getz or Cook.

Actually I would love to see a trade of some sort or bring in lofton. Not to go down this path again repeatedly, but we need some solid help and some new blood. You never know paulie could be out even longer. paulie is not a quick healer. With no konerko and no thome in the lineup against the cubs it may make for a long weekend. not that they were great but they did put some fear in pitchers. Anderson and wise and Uribe do not.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:25 PM)
Actually I would love to see a trade of some sort or bring in lofton. Not to go down this path again repeatedly, but we need some solid help and some new blood. You never know paulie could be out even longer. paulie is not a quick healer. With no konerko and no thome in the lineup against the cubs it may make for a long weekend. not that they were great but they did put some fear in pitchers. Anderson and wise and Uribe do not.

Or...the team can rally around this and start winning, which occasionally happens in situations like this.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)
Let's hope Ozzie goes with Anderson in CF and Ramirez at 2B.

lets hope but quite frankly that wouldn't scare me as a pitcher. On friday Anderson absolutely crapped on himself with the bases loaded. Lets hope we don't see those types of at bats again.

According to the article on www.chicagopsorts.com by gonzalez, the injury is an oblique strain not a rib strain. These are two vastly different injuries. The oblique injury will not take as long to heal as the rib injury.

lets hope but quite frankly that wouldn't scare me as a pitcher. On friday Anderson absolutely crapped on himself with the bases loaded. Lets hope we don't see those types of at bats again.

I wonder if after this is over they'll designate Wise for assignment again. Can you do that twice in one year? I think they can but who knows how this will go.

Also, it is fair to say this is an indication of how the White Sox are feeling about Jerry Owens.

One mans misfortune is another mans opportunity. This looks like Brian Anderson's opportunity and yes, that at bat on Friday was really bad. You could tell when he stepped out of the box he's going "oh no ... oh no ... what now?"

By the way you are johnny-on-the-spot with the news lately.

Edited by 29andPoplar

According to the article on www.chicagopsorts.com by gonzalez, the injury is an oblique strain not a rib strain. These are two vastly different injuries. The oblique injury will not take as long to heal as the rib injury.

Ptatc, a question for you. It says it's a Grade One sprain of the oblique. Can you explain what the grade comment means in this situation?

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Ptatc, a question for you. It says it's a Grade One sprain of the oblique. Can you explain what the grade comment means in this situation?

Grades are defined by the amount of tissue injury and symptoms.

Grade I minimal tissue tearing, no defect, inflammation, minimal edema, only minimal motion impairment.

Grade II moderate (up to half of the fibers) tissue tearing, small palpable defect, edema, blood may be present, moderate motion limitation

Grade III severe tissue tearing (up to complete rupture), significant palpable defect, severe edema, significant decrease in motion.

If his is a grade one it should be 3 weeks at the most. The problem is that the left (internal or external) oblique is one of the major muscle which rotates your trunk to the left. This is significant for a right handed hitter.

PS: It should be strain not sprain. Strains are muscles, sprains are ligaments, technically.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
I wonder if after this is over they'll designate Wise for assignment again. Can you do that twice in one year? I think they can but who knows how this will go.

I'm fairly certain that once a player clears waivers for a first time, they can be sent up and down as many times as the team wants during the same year without needing to DFA them again.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)

Also, it is fair to say this is an indication of how the White Sox are feeling about Jerry Owens.

One mans misfortune is another mans opportunity. This looks like Brian Anderson's opportunity and yes, that at bat on Friday was really bad. You could tell when he stepped out of the box he's going "oh no ... oh no ... what now?"

By the way you are johnny-on-the-spot with the news lately.

i thought owens got hurt yesterday, that maybe why wise got the call. You never know. The sox a certainly a differetn sort of team. If I were 4 games up in mid june with a chance agian for the playoffs, man I would really try to get something done. hopefully they are working on something, if not for the injury but for a shot of new blood.