Dewayne Wise is up Paul Konerko to the DL

quickman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
Wise got back well on a deep fly-and made the catch, but glad the sun was not out at the time-dont Know why so shallow on a guy w/15 HR.

It could be because he can go back well on a deep fly. That would allow him to cut off some of those short flairs for singles. Now I don't if he's that good. I'm just throwing out the possibility. I haven't seen him play that I can recall.

QUOTE (Noberto Martin @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
Owens doesn't deserve to be called up because he is awful, I'm not saying Dewayne Wise is any good but Jerry Owens can't hit the ball out of the infield.

Wise probably won't see much time, we'll see a lot of BA/Alexie in center and Uribe(ugh)/Alexie at 2nd. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Thome get a start at 1B in an NL game.....

That is NOT true, Owens has 1 career home run so he has hit the ball out of the infield, haha. But yeah, I think it took about 100 at bats for Owens to finally get his first RBI. I don't have the confidence in Owens being the leadoff hitter on this team.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:06 AM)
That is NOT true, Owens has 1 career home run so he has hit the ball out of the infield, haha. But yeah, I think it took about 100 at bats for Owens to finally get his first RBI. I don't have the confidence in Owens being the leadoff hitter on this team.

Well...to be fair...last year, who was hitting at the bottom of the order that would be on base to actually give Owens the chance at an RBI? Uribe? Gonzalez? Terrero? Hall? Richar (who took a month to learn how to hit big leaguers at all)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
Well...to be fair...last year, who was hitting at the bottom of the order that would be on base to actually give Owens the chance at an RBI? Uribe? Gonzalez? Terrero? Hall? Richar (who took a month to learn how to hit big leaguers at all)

well I know that the offense was horrible last year, but it's still pretty odd to see a big leaguer go that many at bats without an RBI.