starting pitcher 09 Clayton Richard??

rokimar

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
Fair enough...but whenever a player goes into a slump, there's always people who want to run him out of town (myself included).

I know what you mean, and sometimes I am guilty of that as well. With Quentin, and what he did the first two months, you know he was going to go into a slump, but I think he should get the benifit of the doubt. He will be fine. Now for Thome... thats another story :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
Quentin-untouchable

Danks-untouchable

Floyd-untouchable

Alexei-untouchable

Poreda-not tradable yet ( i think)

Swisher-very slim chance he's traded

Broadway-not worth much

Richar-low value

Anderson-low value

Potential throw-ins like Cook.-basically zero value

we dont have much to offer.

Basically is you want Roberts, you lead with Swish, since we can replace him with Alexei in CF and Roberts moves to 2B. Alexei would im sure be of interest to them as a replacement, but I dont see us dishing him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)

Basically is you want Roberts, you lead with Swish, since we can replace him with Alexei in CF and Roberts moves to 2B. Alexei would im sure be of interest to them as a replacement, but I dont see us dishing him.

I don't think we have the bullets to acquire roberts without moving one of Danks and Floyd. And I don't think that any move doing so makes us better.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)

I wouldn't deal Swisher for Roberts straight up.

It's going to cost too much for just about anyone to get Roberts and,frankly, that's probably a good thing for the Sox. I like him but he's not nearly worth the asking price. Danks, Floyd, Ramiirez +????? That's not vene a deal any GM would consider. No wonder B'more is always at the bottom. I would offer Anderson, Broadway, and Getz. That's be about it. If the O's don't like it,then so be it. The guy who i think can be had on the cheap,once' he's healthy, is Ryan Freel. Broadway and another mid prospect would probably be enough to get him. They've traded for young pirching and Jocketty will likely continue that trend. They could have a very nice younger rotation amongst Harang,Volquez,Arroyo, Cuerto, Bailey, and Broadway.Heck, you could even expand the trade to inlcude an Arroyo or Harang.

i think figgons would be cheaper than roberts and would love to get him (assuming he is healthy) without having to give up floyd/danks. not sure if the angels would trade with another playoff competitor but who knows. Other lower options that could become available would be kaz matsui, ray durham, freddy sanchez or jose lopez.

on a side not, i turned on the radio sunday and stone and farmer were talking about how the rockies might be looking to unload hawpe, atkins and even holliday. did anyone else hear that or am i going crazy! man i would take any three of those. i like hawpe a lot and he would probably be the cheapest, but still would cost tons im sure.

Edited by soxfan3530

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
i think figgons would be cheaper than roberts and would love to get him (assuming he is healthy) without having to give up floyd/danks. not sure if the angels would trade with another playoff competitor but who knows. Other lower options that could become available would be kaz matsui, ray durham, freddy sanchez or jose lopez.

on a side not, i turned on the radio sunday and stone and farmer were talking about how the rockies might be looking to unload hawpe, atkins and even holliday. did anyone else hear that or am i going crazy! man i would take any three of those. i like hawpe a lot and he would probably be the cheapest, but still would cost tons im sure.

The Rockies may very well be unloading here pretty soon, especially on Holliday. But they're going to want a king's ransom for him. So if you're not giving up Floyd, Danks, or Quentin, there's nothing to talk about.

No one wants Kaz Matsui's deal. Jose Lopez doesn't make us better.

The only guys I'd really like to see the Sox trade...really aren't worth crap on the market: Konerko or Thome. I just keep asking myself the question...does making a big move really make this team better? You trade Jose (and whatever) for Figgins...leaves a big hole in the rotation. To me...it just seems like a HUGE roll of the dice to make a drastic move at this point. Of course...I have no idea who Kenny has in mind either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
The Rockies may very well be unloading here pretty soon, especially on Holliday. But they're going to want a king's ransom for him. So if you're not giving up Floyd, Danks, or Quentin, there's nothing to talk about.

No one wants Kaz Matsui's deal. Jose Lopez doesn't make us better.

The major problem with dealing for Holliday is the Rockies will be seeking a package of players equal in value to a 28 year old 1.000+ OPS LF when in reality Holliday is probably an .850 OPS LF in disguise.

2004 splits:

Home: .338/.406/.603/1.009

Away: .240/.287/.367/.654

2005 splits:

Home: .357/.409/.593/1.002

Away: .256/.313/.416/.729

2006 splits:

Home: .373/.440/.692/1.132

Away: .280/.333/.485/.819

2007 splits:

Home: .376/.435/.722/1.157

Away: .301/.374/.485/.860

2008 splits:

Home: .359./432/.650/1.081

Away: .284/.376/.402/.778

Career splits:

Home: .363/.426/.660/1.086

Away: .274/.337/.444/.780

I know they love to talk about that humidor but I'm calling shenanigans on Matt Holliday. There's definitely some Dante Bichette mojo at work here.

Matt Holliday might be a pretty decent hitter but I'd say he's closer to a Raul Ibanez than a Manny Ramirez.

And he's a Boras client to boot.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Kalapse, this is why I love you

I like Holliday, but am in complete agreement. Some of his s***ty road splits have to do with playing 30 games a year in San Fran, LA, and San Diego, but he's definitely a product of Coors.

I don't know if anybody else thinks this....but honestly...I think the dude is just IN LOVE with himself. Really came to light IMO during telecast of the playoffs last year. He just seems like a completely arrogant SOB. No thanks.

I like Holliday, I don't think the Rockies would trade him being that they're 10-4 in their last 14 games seemingly coming around after Holliday has come back from the DL. The road splits suck, but US Cellular Field is a small park like Coors Field. But with the outfield we have now, there'd have to be a steal to trade for him IMO.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Kalapse, this is why I love you

I like Holliday, but am in complete agreement. Some of his s***ty road splits have to do with playing 30 games a year in San Fran, LA, and San Diego, but he's definitely a product of Coors.

I'll give you SF and SD, those are two ballparks that greatly favor pitchers. LA played as a pitcher friendly ballpark in '04 and '05 but was neutral in '06 and has played as a hitter friendly park the last 2 seasons so I'm going to include it.

Career numbers:

In AL ballparks: .267/.330/.429/.759

In NL East BPs: .302/.365/.483/.847

In NL Cent BPs: .291/.358/.493/.850

In All BPs minus COL, SD & SF: .284/.349/.455/.803

We also have Fields and Owens down in AAA to use as trade bait, a package of Owens, Fields, Richar and Broadway could be enough to bring in Roberts.

I know we do not have a 3B next year if that is the case, but KW is not trying to win next year. We could find a way to add Rowell into the package and give him a shot next year or go after Blalock, Crede, or Dallas McPherson in the offseason.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:45 AM)
We also have Fields and Owens down in AAA to use as trade bait, a package of Owens, Fields, Richar and Broadway could be enough to bring in Roberts.

I know we do not have a 3B next year if that is the case, but KW is not trying to win next year. We could find a way to add Rowell into the package and give him a shot next year or go after Blalock, Crede, or Dallas McPherson in the offseason.

First of all, no that package would not be enough for Roberts. Fields is hurt, Owens is old and hurt, Richar is struggling, and Broadway is average.

Jerry Owens is simply not trade bait no matter how much we may want to think he is, and Fields has basically spent what seems like the entire year on the DL.