Teen girls get pregnant on purpose, to raise kids together

southsider2k5

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:36 AM)
Pregancy Pacts with Freinds...Virginity Pacts with fathers...

How about "Finish School and Go to College" pacts?!?

Or the "Finish f***ing High School and Go to f***ing College or I will kick your ass" pact my dad made with me...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:45 AM)
Or the "Finish f***ing High School and Go to f***ing College or I will kick your ass" pact my dad made with me...

So I guess your virginity pact with your father was an unspoken one?

Btw, nice job finally breaking it...

:lol:

Seriously,

There seem to be a lot of factors out there, media-wise, forcing young boys and girls to grow up fast.

Parents need to get a hold of them and see what they are watching, listening to and what is being marketed to them..

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:52 AM)
There seem to be a lot of factors out there, media-wise, forcing young boys and girls to grow up fast.

Parents need to get a hold of them and see what they are watching, listening to and what is being marketed to them..

Exactly.

Laughter all around at kids blaming movies, tv show, etc... but these kids are at very impressionable ages. If their parents aren't there to explain to them that it's not real life they are watching, they don't know any better and the odds are good they will travel that path.

QUOTE (Steff @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)
Exactly.

Laughter all around at kids blaming movies, tv show, etc... but these kids are at very impressionable ages. If their parents aren't there to explain to them that it's not real life they are watching, they don't know any better and the odds are good they will travel that path.

The Boy (9 years old) loves those Disney Channel shows, but we felt sometimes they were making him want to grow up faster and be that "cool" teen who is a rock-star, wizard and lives in a hotel. But we have long talks with him about reality vs. TV. Thats all it takes parents...talking and listening to your kids.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
The Boy (9 years old) loves those Disney Channel shows, but we felt sometimes they were making him want to grow up faster and be that "cool" teen who is a rock-star, wizard and lives in a hotel. But we have long talks with him about reality vs. TV. Thats all it takes parents...talking and listening to your kids.

Both Disney and Nickelodeon seem to have grown up way to fast over the past couple years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no appropriate programming for Bri when she's the Boy's age.

BTW, I got the pics of the linebacker!! :lolhitting

"They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally,"

I think this really says it all. They want what their families couldn't give them. They aren't just looking for casual hedonism, which is reassuring. However, when you take on children, the intent is to devote your life to fulfilling their needs, not vice-versa. If you will need a dependent more than they will need you, then get a dog.

SFF

QUOTE (Steff @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
Both Disney and Nickelodeon seem to have grown up way to fast over the past couple years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is no appropriate programming for Bri when she's the Boy's age.

BTW, I got the pics of the linebacker!! :lolhitting

LOL...he is HUGE! Not Maury Povich Huge...but wonderfully chubby! Already on Stage 2 baby food. Next month...Steak!

Not to make light of this, but imagine if you had been the first of the "pact" to get pregnant than all the others get cold feet and backed out.

These are some SERIOUSLY disturbed kids who CLEARLY don't know the implications of their own actions.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't know if people know this, but having a baby costs a lot of money, and requires a ton of work. Having a child should not be done until you can actually afford and raise one with your partner.

bah, you and your logic.

for what it's worth......

GLOUCESTER, Mass. -- The Gloucester, Mass. principal who claimed that some of the 17 pregnant girls in his school had made a pact to become pregnant is not attending a meeting of city leaders on the subject.

Mayor Carolyn Kirk did not say why Principal Joseph Sullivan is not at the meeting she called for Monday with other school, health and city leaders.

Kirk said she and the superintendent have been in close touch with the principal. She reiterated they had no independent information to back up his assertion that some of the 17 girls who became pregnant this year had planned to become pregnant and raise their babies together.

Sullivan has not returned calls for comment since a Time magazine article last week

link

This just shows you how dumb and emotionally fragile a lot of high school girls can be. The fact that we let them go to school vote still amazes me to this day. Im not a sexist but how many of these girls would have gotten pregnant if instead of having sex with a homeless man, were making me a sandwich?

Zero thats how many

QUOTE (Steff @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
IMO, It's easy to teach them... it's reinforcing it that's the hard part. "Sex ed" isn't a one time "the birds and the bees" talk as I know a lot of parents who think it is. These days most teens grow up in 2 parent working households and a lot of parents just don't have time to keep track of what their kids are doing. And when you have kids learning about sex from eachother, tv, the internet, or the movies this is what happens.

As for making girls watch an unedited (I do believe an edited version is shown in elective sex ed classes), undrugged birth.. that wont do anything. They are smart enough to know that all they have to do is ask for drugs. Besides, the birth is the easy part of the big picture. Forcing them to take care of a newborn for 48 hours with no help would be a better, IMO.

And society does not help much, in fact when parents try to discourage their children from engaging in sex, they are called out of touch, old fashioned, relgious nuts, etc. Meanwhile, as Steff points out, the entertainment industry is promoting and encouraging that behavior.