AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

TheBigHurt

It was so important to get the sweep completed.

Great job, White Sox hitters and bullpen.

Our sweep solidifies our position as a real first place team entering the Flub series.

Had we lost 2 of 3 to Pitt the series would have lacked lustre.

Now it is the biggest regular season series in Chicago history.

Name one bigger?

I'm saying regular season series. We won the fricking WS while the Flub have no experience there.

I really wish Thome could play tomorrow, Sat and Sunday.

Folks, we're in trouble without Paulie and Thome vs. The Flub.

I guess Oz will pick the right spot to bat Thome once per game.

Hope he knows how to pinch hit.

Wish he could play 1B tomorrow.

Sweeping the Pirates, Twins, and Royals more or less makes up for the disasterous performances against the Tigers, Rockies, and D-Rays. I'd prefer that the Sox were less streaky, but it's certainly nice to carry this momentum into Wrigley tomorrow.

I can see why the losers to the north enjoy playing Pittsburgh so much, they are AWFUL. To have a team spot you an immediate 6-0 lead on all unearned runs, yet still immediately give the lead up and lose by a wide margin takes being a special kind of pathetic. We should sweep those guys, and I'm glad we did.

good game, good series, but this is how you SHOULD handle teams like pittsburgh when you're going into the series 7 games over .500 and leading your division by 4.5 games

Lilly will give this team fits tomorrow i have a feeling..

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
I can see why the losers to the north enjoy playing Pittsburgh so much, they are AWFUL.

It seems like they've played them about 30 times already this year...them and the Padres. Then what's funny is I get to hear from Cubs fans lamenting "nice sweep against the Royals and Twins....2 terrible teams". It's such a joke.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
His career numbers against us are pretty brutal.

you're right about that http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player...itSplit1=vsTcha

but he's a decent pitcher, he knows what he's doing, and going from a series where pitchers are just absolutely terrible to one where you're facing guys that are pretty decent, sometimes can be trouble for hitters

Edited by joesaiditstrue

Lilly is a decent pitcher... but so is Danks. Just ask Tampa how good Danksy is while your still out there ;) I expect us to get off to a great start tommorow....and i expect Danksy to cruise... I wonder what the lineup will be? Probably:

Cabrera

AJ

Quentin

Dye

Swisher

Crede

Ramirez

Anderson

Danks

Pinch hitters/runners: Thome, Hall, Wise, Ozuna, Uribe

It must have been great to be at The Cell today.

I know we are supposed to sweep teams like Pitt, but it's baseball and anything can happen and usually does.

So it's a great sweep.

Last year we would not have swept them.

So we go 4-2 against Colo and Pitt. That's not too bad. You'll win divisions doing that.

It'd be nice to see OC get on base in the first and Quentin connect off Lilly boy tomorrow in the first.

On paper, you gotta favor the veteran over Danks in Game One.

GO SOX.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
It seems like they've played them about 30 times already this year...them and the Padres. Then what's funny is I get to hear from Cubs fans lamenting "nice sweep against the Royals and Twins....2 terrible teams". It's such a joke.

The very same Royals that broomed the NL Central's 2nd place (by what 3.5 games?) team. Cubdom is Ignorancedom (in MANY cases).

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
you're right about that http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/individual_player...itSplit1=vsTcha

but he's a decent pitcher, he knows what he's doing, and going from a series where pitchers are just absolutely terrible to one where you're facing guys that are pretty decent, sometimes can be trouble for hitters

Lilly's career numbers vs. the Sox

G GS W L SV CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA

9 9 5 2 0 0 0 46.1 53 32 32 11 20 35 6.22 1.58 .280

He is 5-2 against us, but that ERA and WHIP is not pretty.

What a gorgeous day to be at my first Sox game in 5 years! And after that horrible top of the 6th, I leaned over to my wife and said, "They are going to come back and win this game..." and BAM! they do just that.

Going down to Wrigleyville tomorrow to show my complete absence and mix of all colors (that's black and white, y'know).