AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

TheBigHurt

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Since all my friends were working today, like a huge loser, I went to the game by myself today. It was actually quite enjoyable.

Ah that's a bit of a bummer, if i would of known that I would of invited you to hang with me and a buddy of mine.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 05:57 PM)
I don't know what was better about the offense. The thirteen runs or scoring 6 in the bottom half of the inning after the Pirates knocked Floyd around for six in the top half? Floyd was dang lucky to get that win today.

After some of the no decisions he has had this year, its well deserved.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Dont have many friends? :unsure:

I think it's the fact of just doing and going WHEN YOU want to and not have to dick around with somebody else's schedule. I have no problem with it either. I usually go to ST games by myself. To each their own.

I rememeber one of the most fun days I've had out here in Phx...I was bored on a Sunday...and packed up a cooler and drove out to Sun Devil Stadium by myself. Scalped a ticket for 15 bucks and was in the 1st row of the south endzone with a bunch of hammered middle-aged women. Boomer threw a TD pass in the final 10 seconds about 15 feet in front of us. Hung out afterwards with all these people. It was awesome. Nothin' wrong with solo sometimes.

Someone shoot Hawk.

How many times did he mention Ozuna's error COSTING the sox 6 runs?

Completely excusing Floyd though he was getting lit up all over the yard before, and after, the error. You could, you know, pitch around it? They are technically unearned, but Hawk really misses the boat by just harping on the error when it's done and over with and Floyd is getting hit up. Ozuna didn't give up all the moon shots after it, those are earned hits. You think Floyd's answer is, "well, they were unearned, so it wasn't my fault?"

It's unbelievable to listen to him, he just detracts from the game. I seriously may listen to Len and Bob this weekend.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:07 AM)
I remember hearing that this Thome guy sucks, didn't I?

I dont know why your gloating so much, yes he has performed better as of late but his overall stats are still pretty poor. Last I checked you don't grade a season on just one good month, if even a month. Lets see him keep it up for the rest of the season and hopefully post-season.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:58 AM)
I dont know why your gloating so much, yes he has performed better as of late but his overall stats are still pretty poor. Last I checked you don't grade a season on just one good month, if even a month. Lets see him keep it up for the rest of the season and hopefully post-season.

Why wouldnt you want to gloat about a player on your favorite team doing well?

Especially to fans of the same team?

Edited by kyyle23

Sox are gonna win today's game 2-0, Danks will get a ND after pitching 7 scoreless while fanning 8. His big moment of the game was getting Geovanny Soto to ground into a double play in the first inning with the bases loaded and one out.

Carlos Quentin will hit a go-ahead RBI single in the 9th inning off of reliever Bob Howry, driving in Dewayne Wise, who pinch ran for A.J. Pierzynski. Pierzynski had led off the inning with a double to right center off of starter Ted Lilly. With 2 outs and men on first and second, Alexei Ramirez would single to right field off of Bob Howry to bring in Joe Crede.

Bobby Jenks had a 1-2-3 ninth inning as he works his yellow hammer to get Derek Lee looking for the 3rd time in the game.

Team R H E

Sox 2 9 0

Cubs 0 3 0

W - Dotel (3-3)

L - Lilly (7-6)

S - Jenks (17)

Player of the game - Jermaine Dye (3-4, 2B)

Courtesy of MLB 08 The Show... ^_^

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 05:58 AM)

Bull-f***ing-cock his overall stats are poor. The only thing that is poor is his average and that's been on the climb since the beginning of June. He's been one of the most productive players on this White Sox team and people underappreciate him because he strikes out a lot and he's hitting .228. Mind you, that's a .228 with 14 homers, 12 doubles, and .353/.469/.822 splits when he's actually hit LHP this season too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Bull-f***ing-cock his overall stats are poor. The only thing that is poor is his average and that's been on the climb since the beginning of June. He's been one of the most productive players on this White Sox team and people underappreciate him because he strikes out a lot and he's hitting .228. Mind you, that's a .228 with 14 homers, 12 doubles, and .353/.469/.822 splits when he's actually hit LHP this season too.

His avg. is way down, his OBP is ofcourse down because of that, and his slugging/OPS are all down. People are ripping on him because he is having an overall poor season compared to his norms and we need better than Adam Dunn performance out of him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:07 AM)
I remember hearing that this Thome guy sucks, didn't I?

I'm hoping he makes me eat crow, but I also remember even in all my b****ing posts that I said at the end of the year his stats will be there. I just think his stats are a bit over-rated to an extent. That said prove me wrong Jimmy, prove me wrong.