Sox Friendly Bar Near Wrigley

LVSoxFan

I live 5 minutes away but don't know of any really close to Wrigley. I know the old Lucky Strike on Lincoln is or was Sox-friendly, but that's not exactly in the 'hood.

Anyone know of one? Granted, we'll all be at the surrounding bars regardless but the boss is thinking of coming into the hood to watch from a bar and I couldn't tell him which one.

Today's Southtown has an article about a Sox bar at Lincoln and Belden called Halligan's. It's a true Sox bar, owned by a Fireman with southside roots. The link isn't working so I can't post the article itself. The bartenders are mostly Firefighter's daughters who grew up in Beverly, Mount Greenwood, and Bridgeport and the owner bans the token Cub fan waitress from wearing any Cubs gear. So this must be the place.

I've emailed the Southtown to tell them the link is broken. Search under Halligan's and maybe the link will be fixed.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 07:36 AM)
Today's Southtown has an article about a Sox bar at Lincoln and Belden called Halligan's. It's a true Sox bar, owned by a Fireman with southside roots. The link isn't working so I can't post the article itself. The bartenders are mostly Firefighter's daughters who grew up in Beverly, Mount Greenwood, and Bridgeport and the owner bans the token Cub fan waitress from wearing any Cubs gear. So this must be the place.

I've emailed the Southtown to tell them the link is broken. Search under Halligan's and maybe the link will be fixed.

I use to go there when I was in Law school since a few friends lived by it. I haven't been there in a year or two, but they use to have extremely hot waitresses and bartenders

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 08:20 AM)
I use to go there when I was in Law school since a few friends lived by it. I haven't been there in a year or two, but they use to have extremely hot waitresses and bartenders

Yeah, that's a great bar! And there are always attractive waitresses, bartenders, and patrons. It's right across the street from John Barleycorn's.

And on a beautiful day like today, I imagine they'll have the windows wide open.

Should be fun...