6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balance @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
Uribe pinch hit for him and singled to lead off the 7th.

so? Is a pinch hit really worth taking out your starting pitcher who has been pitching very good?

Also, even after the pinch hit by Uribe, could someone explain to me why we didn't bunt him over?

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
YES, it's on Ozzie. Ozzie's too hung up on the system of Dotel in the 7th, Linebrink in the 8th and puts Dotel (who's f***ed up in a lot of volatile situations) in against a couple of great hitters on a great team in a tight position. No one but Danks or Linebrink should be up there. Not to mention, Danks was cruising after only 85 pitches. No f***ing way you tell me this isn't Ozzie's fault.

Yeah, he should be fired...

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
so? Is a pinch hit really worth taking out your starting pitcher who has been pitching very good?

Also, even after the pinch hit by Uribe, could someone explain to me why we didn't bunt him over?

I was just answering the question. I don't necessarily agree with the decision.

Wow, apparently Crede and Dotel both just suck. Give me a break people, its a game, one day of a long season. Look at there track record throughout the season (and this is coming from someone who isn't a big Dotel fan).

Take some breaths and relax, this is anyone's game.

You know, why is it a bad decision to take out your pitcher, who's 23 (or whatever Danksy is) and turn it over to your bullpen? They've been pretty damn good this year. And besides that, let's leave Danksy in for 100+ pitches, every game, and then start listening to you all b**** about how Guillen has become Dusty Baker and blows out all his pitcher's arms by overusing them. WTF. No one can ever win with some of you people.