6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
This will be the worst baseball day in my life if the Twins win tonight. And i still have no idea how they are 2 games above .500.

Why would it be the worst? We lost 5 of 6 to the Cubs last season, and life went on. We've played terrible on the road lately, and the Cubs have been amazing at home. Is this weekend really surprising so far?

Gordon Beckham's Georgia team's game is on right now on ESPN or ESPN2 idk. Anyway, it's better than this mess. I believe if the cubs can do it, so can we. So let's tie it up at LEAST.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
I told this board to move Jose when his value was high, i was laughed at

too bad no team in their right mind would want him. everyone knew these days were coming from Jose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
Why would it be the worst? We lost 5 of 6 to the Cubs last season, and life went on. We've played terrible on the road lately, and the Cubs have been amazing at home. Is this weekend really surprising so far?

Life did, yes. But our season, not for much longer. We killed ourselves and woke them guys up.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Yesterday's loss was horrible, we shoud've won that game. Today however, we're giving it away.

We're not giving it away. We're getting our asses kicked. I am ok with this though because Contreras sucked and you can't do anything about it. But I will complain all day about a game like yesterday's where the team just kills itself with terrible hitting. I just wish people would STFU about telling me such a loss is ok. Yesterday's game was the biggest one this series (for us, at least).

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
We're not giving it away. We're getting our asses kicked. I am ok with this though because Contreras sucked and you can't do anything about it. But I will complain all day about a game like yesterday's where the team just kills itself with terrible hitting. I just wish people would STFU about telling me such a loss is ok. Yesterday's game was the biggest one this series (for us, at least).

You and I agree on everything.