6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
You're totally right. Each loss to the Cubs should count as 5 losses on our official record. We blow.

Actually, we do blow. Like I said, we sweep teams like KC and PIT, and all is fine for the one's that don't realize that in about 24 hours we're just going to get totally out-managed and out-played by a team better then us. Can't we ever play like a perfect game against a team 10x better then us, and come out victorious? Never mind, too much to ask for.

What's really scary is that our pitching is that our two supposed best pitchers are going down the crapper this month. Floyd has struggled only a little, and Buehrle's rebounded nicely, but the last thing I want is having the offense carry this team. Because they sure as hell can't do it.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
You're probably right on everything but the Cubs being damn good. They will never win in the playoffs with the pitching they have. Frankly, behind Zambrano it's weak.

What more does Dempster have to do to get any credit on this board? He's been a top 10 starter in all of baseball this season. There's just as good of a chance of him keeping it up all season as Floyd or Danks.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
You're probably right on everything but the Cubs being damn good. They will never win in the playoffs with the pitching they have. Frankly, behind Zambrano it's weak.

I only hope you're right. But, Marquis is pitching very well as of late, Lilly can be real good or real bad, Dempster is lights out (see- tomorrow), and Gallagher is showing why they wouldn't give him up for a player like Brian Roberts.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
What's really scary is that our pitching is that our two supposed best pitchers are going down the crapper this month. Floyd has struggled only a little, and Buehrle's rebounded nicely, but the last thing I want is having the offense carry this team. Because they sure as hell can't do it.

It's getting hot out...remember when our starting pitching never gave up homers?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Actually, we do blow. Like I said, we sweep teams like KC and PIT, and all is fine for the one's that don't realize that in about 24 hours we're just going to get totally out-managed and out-played by a team better then us. Can't we ever play like a perfect game against a team 10x better then us, and come out victorious? Never mind, too much to ask for.

This game is on the pitching, no doubt. Jose didn't have it. It's been the 3rd straight start he hasn't "had it". Same with Vazquez. Our pitching might start nose diving soon.

Our offense was doing good things, they actually got things started with 2 outs. When was the last time that happened? Had Contreras pitched like he should, we should be up by at least 2.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)

There aren't that many teams out there that much better than us that we've played this year, so any loss is going to hurt that much more.

In all honesty, we lose no matter what decision he makes in the 4th inning with Contreras

I agree with that.

Sad thing is the importance of yesterday's game.

If we win, it really takes the heat off today's game and we're playing with the house's money.

Sad we couldn't hit when it counted yesterday.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
What more does Dempster have to do to get any credit on this board? He's been a top 10 starter in all of baseball this season. There's just as good of a chance of him keeping it up all season as Floyd or Danks.

Ryan Dempster is journeyman pitcher having the best season of his carreer at 30.

Floyd and Danks were highly touted prospects.

And you're sold more on Dempster than you are on the other 2, for whatever reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)

I've never said that I think Dempster is a bad pitcher, He's a good number 4, real good number 5 in my eyes. I don't think his success will last this year. I think that Floyd and Danks both have better chances to maintain as they have been highly regarded as prospects in the recent past.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
Ryan Dempster is journeyman pitcher having the best season of his carreer at 30.

Floyd and Danks were highly touted prospects.

And you're sold more on Dempster than you are on the other 2, for whatever reason.

The eye test for Dempster. His stuff is fantastic when I watch him. I'm very high on Danks also, FWIW.