6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this loss is on Jose today, for sure. he's just not any good right now, and can't be relied on no matter who he faces.

i'm gonna cringe everytime i see him step to the mound from now on until he starts pitching better -_-

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
A hit to the right center gap. Thats the approach we need when thrown away consistantly. Nice job Dye.

Which is why, like Flash, I don't know how Howry is successful. You know where it's goin' and it's not like it has nasty movement or anything like Mariano's. Be ready and poke it to RF.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
this loss is on Jose today, for sure. he's just not any good right now, and can't be relied on no matter who he faces.

i'm gonna cringe everytime i see him step to the mound from now on until he starts pitching better -_-

His forkball is missing. Without that pitch, he gets into that drop down mode and gets hit. His control today was also off. When guys are facing you 2-0 all the time, you get a good pitch to drive.

serious question:

who'd you rather have right now, Wood or Jenks as your closer?

I'm leaning towards Bobby as he's a bit younger and seems to have more pitches, and doesn't have the injury history that Wood does

But Wood has a more devastating fastball IMO

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
serious question:

I'm leaning towards Bobby as he's a bit younger and seems to have more pitches, and doesn't have the injury history that Wood does

And a more devastating slider.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
serious question:

I would take Kerry Wood in a second.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
whats up with the stupid girl singing that gay ass Cubs song with a Red Sox shirt on?

Probably drunk from the fumes of beer in the air and just doesn't know any better.

God I hate that song.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
And a more devastating slider.

Well, to be fair, that's a main part of Wood's arsenal, Bobby relies more on control with his FB and a nasty curve

Wood relies on a hard slider, a slightly less biting curve than Bobby and high velocity fastballs

i guess it's just down to preference

So I bet next time if Ozzie is asked if he could have any Cubs player play on the Sox for this series who would it be, instead of saying Pinella he would say Ramirez. He has just lit us up this series.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Watching these idiots sing Go Cubs Go no wonder they have not won in 100 years! :lolhitting :gosoxretro:

I dont know why but seeing those people singing that song irritates the hell out of me. Dont get me wrong, Id obviously would have loved to win this series but their fans are acting as if they just won the World Series. No matter what happens for them this season if they can win 4 of 6 90% of their fans would call this season a success.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
Funny how Wood's velocity hasn't dropped dramatically, even with surgery and injury issue after issue, yet Jenks' has.....

probably some pain involved with Jenks throwing 100mph when you have a pin in your elbow, probably would've shortened his career if he kept up at that rate

just my opinion

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
We'll lose 3-2. Bank it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
You wanna place a wager on this prediction?

If he's wrong and the Sox win, I say he takes a day off from posting.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Watching these idiots sing Go Cubs Go no wonder they have not won in 100 years! :lolhitting :gosoxretro:

I had my sister-in-law call up with my nephews singing that song 5 minutes ago. I told them that I was at a world series game and watched a winner. Tell her kids to get a shovel to go to the cemetary to dig up someone who can say the same on the north side.