6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
I had my sister-in-law call up with my nephews singing that song 5 minutes ago. I told them that I was at a world series game and watched a winner. Tell her kids to get a shovel to go to the cemetary to dig up someone who can say the same on the north side.

Ha. The lyrics to that song are so far off. It makes no sense to play it after wins. Sweet Home Chicago or something like that is more fitting.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
I had my sister-in-law call up with my nephews singing that song 5 minutes ago. I told them that I was at a world series game and watched a winner. Tell her kids to get a shovel to go to the cemetary to dig up someone who can say the same on the north side.

Love it! :notworthy

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
I missed most of the game today. Why did ozzie leave the count in to give up 9 er?

Here is a quote from a friend of mine on another board regarding this:

Atta Boy Ozzie, just leave Contreras in there, an eight run inning, Mother F*** You forever you c*** sucking Venezuelan Commie f***!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
The explosion happened so quick that I don't think there was really anything you could do. It was just like a wham bam...9 runs up on the board type of thing.

That whole wham bam idea could have been prevented.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
The explosion happened so quick that I don't think there was really anything you could do. It was just like a wham bam...9 runs up on the board type of thing.

jose had nothing....masset should have been warming instead of boone and should have pitched to both lee and ramirez....everyone i was watching the game with thought the same thing

I think that Jose was having trouble locating so, he went with the arm drop down thing more often than usual.

He ended up using the same pitch every time he dropped down and, the Cubs recognized that.

He was tipping his pitches.

I told them that I was at a world series game and watched a winner. Tell her kids to get a shovel to go to the cemetary to dig up someone who can say the same on the north side.

Excellent.

Why did they call to gloat?

Did you rub it in when we won the WS?

What a joke of a game.

Jose s*** his pants today. He's the goat, not Ozzie.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
I think that Jose was having trouble locating so, he went with the arm drop down thing more often than usual.

He ended up using the same pitch every time he dropped down and, the Cubs recognized that.

He was tipping his pitches.

He wasn't tipping his pitches, he was getting into situations where he was in hitter counts or had to throw his fastball. He could not locate his forkball at all today. Pretty much this allowed the cubs to eliminate that from their thoughts and concentrate on fastball slider. When you get into hitter counts and you basically turn Contreras into a fastball pitcher this is what happens.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)

Owned.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
He wasn't tipping his pitches, he was getting into situations where he was in hitter counts or had to throw his fastball. He could not locate his forkball at all today. Pretty much this allowed the cubs to eliminate that from their thoughts and concentrate on fastball slider. When you get into hitter counts and you basically turn Contreras into a fastball pitcher this is what happens.

But, they crushed his first pitch a few times in that inning.

Carlos Zambrano has an interesting take on the Sox/Cubs rivalry from Chicagosports.com:

I don’t like to pitch in American League ballparks,” he said. “I feel bored. The games are too long. I like the National League. You’re competing and you do something for yourself. No one has to come in for me and do the DH part. I like to compete and play against the White Sox. It’s good. Every time I go to U.S. Cellular, or Comiskey, or whatever is the name of the ballpark, people starts screaming at you and saying all kinds of things, calling you all kind of things.

“That’s good. They say something like ‘Homosexual.’ Sometimes I’m in the outfield and they say bad words. ‘You’re a homosexual.’ I say ‘I’m going to show him I’m (not) a homosexual on the mound.’ That’s kind of like a good feeling between the Cubs and the Sox.”

I wish he never would have brought up the second paragraph. We'll have to endure the "Sox fans are neanderthals" columns from people such as Mariotti for the upcoming days. I'm sure every fan base is the same in the comments they direct towards players, but with us, it seems everything negative is jumped upon and referenced for eternity.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
Carlos Zambrano has an interesting take on the Sox/Cubs rivalry from Chicagosports.com:

I don’t like to pitch in American League ballparks,” he said. “I feel bored. The games are too long. I like the National League. You’re competing and you do something for yourself. No one has to come in for me and do the DH part. I like to compete and play against the White Sox. It’s good. Every time I go to U.S. Cellular, or Comiskey, or whatever is the name of the ballpark, people starts screaming at you and saying all kinds of things, calling you all kind of things.

“That’s good. They say something like ‘Homosexual.’ Sometimes I’m in the outfield and they say bad words. ‘You’re a homosexual.’ I say ‘I’m going to show him I’m (not) a homosexual on the mound.’ That’s kind of like a good feeling between the Cubs and the Sox.”

And Cubs fans call our pitchers "kind, hard-working gentlemen" down the right field line, right?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)

His pitch sequences were pretty horrid as well. In situations when he should have been using his forkball, he'd use the fastball or breaking ball, and visa versa.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)

I don't like to pitch in American League ballparks," he said. "I feel bored. The games are too long. I like the National League. You're competing and you do something for yourself. No one has to come in for me and do the DH part. I like to compete and play against the White Sox. It's good. Every time I go to U.S. Cellular, or Comiskey, or whatever is the name of the ballpark, people starts screaming at you and saying all kinds of things, calling you all kind of things.

"That's good. They say something like 'Homosexual.' Sometimes I'm in the outfield and they say bad words. 'You're a homosexual.' I say 'I'm going to show him I'm (not) a homosexual on the mound.' That's kind of like a good feeling between the Cubs and the Sox."

Yep Carlos, constantly grabbing your crotch on the mound makes you a heterosexual.