wrigley security

lord chas

I was sitting in the left field bleachers and security was constantly telling sox and cub fans to sit down. I found this very odd as it is a sporting event and you should be allowed to support your team. I have been to a ton of other parks and have never heard of this before. Did anyone else have security hassle them this weekend?

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 03:23 AM)
I was sitting in the left field bleachers and security was constantly telling sox and cub fans to sit down. I found this very odd as it is a sporting event and you should be allowed to support your team. I have been to a ton of other parks and have never heard of this before. Did anyone else have security hassle them this weekend?

They probably didn't want people getting injured by flying baseballs in the 4th inning.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)

I was in LF on Friday and also found this odd. You get up to cheer (for the first 7 innings on Friday I actually had a reason) and some old turd comes over to tell you to sit down. It's the bleachers in a dump for crying out loud.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)

I was in the bleachers at Wrigley 2 years ago when they played the Tigers (it was the one time I actually cheered for the Cubs and Detroit smoked them), and I noticed the same thing. Anytime you even tried to stand up for anything, even an exciting play, there would be a security guard immediately telling you to sit down. I have never seen that anywhere else and didn't make any sense to me...

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 08:40 AM)
I was in the bleachers at Wrigley 2 years ago when they played the Tigers (it was the one time I actually cheered for the Cubs and Detroit smoked them), and I noticed the same thing. Anytime you even tried to stand up for anything, even an exciting play, there would be a security guard immediately telling you to sit down. I have never seen that anywhere else and didn't make any sense to me...
The last time I was at Wrigley field was in 92 the cubs had a roving band playing in the stands.. With a crowd under 4000 people a person could really enjoy the game.. I think the band member may have also been the security force.