White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
Do some of you guys listen to yourselves. The team is obviously not clicking, but last I checked they are above .500 and still in control of the division. That clearly won't last if they keep playing like they have, but they haven't gotten to this point of the season on accident.

geez, i wouldnt say we are in control of the division, only 1.5 games up on the twins after tonight

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
Do some of you guys listen to yourselves. The team is obviously not clicking, but last I checked they are above .500 and still in control of the division. That clearly won't last if they keep playing like they have, but they haven't gotten to this point of the season on accident.

How do you figure they're in control of the division? One of the most talented teams in baseball has finally woke up, gotten healthy, and are only 5 games out of first now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)

have you seen them play this series? They look absolutely horrible

Chisoxfan some do listen to ourselves. We are getting swept by the Cubs and playing like s***. The big picture doesn't matter at this time at least to me. We have been embarrassed in every game of this series and are on the way to a ninth straight road loss.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
How do you figure they're in control of the division? One of the most talented teams in baseball has finally woke up, gotten healthy, and are only 5 games out of first now.

Simple, whomever is in first place is technically in control of the division and will be until someone else takes over and at that point, that new time is in control of the division.

Funny thing is, you take away two innings and it would be the Sox going for the sweep as opposed to the Cubs tonight (Cubs are going to get the sweep too because Dempster has a low pitch count and hasn't gotten hit hard at all). Plus there's the whole 5 run deficit.