Worst Case Scenario

WSoxMatt

We go to LA with a 1.5 game LEAD in the Central...Sure is alot better than being 1.5 games or more back!!! Also I never thought that nearing the end of June we would be in 1st place so even though we arent seeing the results we would like vs the Cubs, its not the end of the world!!!!

Edited by WSoxMatt

Worst case scenario is if Tigers are 5 back after tonight. Everyone keeps saying that if the Sox get swept tonight, this will be the series everyone talks about. However, it was the series last week at Detroit which could have turned the Tigers season around.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)
Worst case scenario is if Tigers are 5 back after tonight. Everyone keeps saying that if the Sox get swept tonight, this will be the series everyone talks about. However, it was the series last week at Detroit which could have turned the Tigers season around.

Until they go into another slump cause their pitching sucks it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
Until they go into another slump cause their pitching sucks it.

Their pitching is improving by the day though, as more guys get healthy. Galarraga has been a godsend for them, and Verlander is starting to regain his ace stuff. Lost in the shuffle has been that Granderson is completely healthy now, and he's starting to put up his usual big numbers. Hopefully Dontrelle comes back soon!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)

Easily.

As for Verlander's stuff, he is still a tad wild. He threw 106 pitches in just 5 innings today.

I think everyone here will agree that Detroit is the biggest threat right now.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 06:54 PM)
no matter if the Sox win or lose today, it's going to be a grind all the way into September.

We need to find a leadoff man and more consistent hitting.

And I'm not sure that's possible.

I don't think our offense looked that bad against the Cubs, at all. They simply outplayed us. They are a pretty good team. One of the two best in NL for sure.

The Cubs are just better, I know thats hard for a lot of Sox fans to admit but they are.

I don't think they looked better in game one of the series. I disagree.

Danks had their number; Oz panicked and took him out of the game.

And our hitters failed miserably to build on the lead.

Cubs were not better that day; we choked that one away on the field and in the dugout.

most people on this board thought, heading into this series, we'd be lucky to win 1 of 3 and as it turns out that's exactly what happened, we would've been lucky to win 1 of 3, but we got swept by the better team

we'll be lucky to win 1 of 3 in the cell, IMO

we're just not a very good baseball team with the current players that we have, crede is hilarious right now. you can pretty much call a popup anytime he steps in the batters box, or a double play. talk about not understanding how to hit a baseball based on it's pitch location, he just pulls everything and that's the result: pop up, or ground out.

it's not as if i'm blaming crede, i just think he's not a very smart hitter, or at least hasn't been in the last month. perhaps he's trying to do too much in certain situations, i don't know

FWIW, uribe has done well whenever we put a bat in his hands. the irony.