Don Imus doesn't get it

Brian

If he leaves WABC, it might hurt him. WOR doesn't want him, WFAN is doing alright without him. Might actually mean he moves out of the market completely.

But Farid Suleman has no intention of letting Imus go I'd wager. This is the kind of radio he wants for this station, its why Kuby got the boot.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
Pacman using this to try and make it look like he is taking the high road is comical. No matter how stupid Imus really is, Pacman is a legitimate piece of garbage as a human being.

That's the sad part about this. We have a legitimate douche who is a great role model to kids - get arrested 6 times and be involved with murders and rapes and you too can continue to make millions playing a game. Good move Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell. Instead of having a discussion bashing him for being a douche, Imus "ruins" it by making a stupid racial "joke."

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
That's the sad part about this. We have a legitimate douche who is a great role model to kids - get arrested 6 times and be involved with murders and rapes and you too can continue to make millions playing a game. Good move Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell. Instead of having a discussion bashing him for being a douche, Imus "ruins" it by making a stupid racial "joke."

I dont know what bothers me more. Imus's explanation, which is ridiculous or Pacman actually saying he is offended and is going to pray for him. Theres a guy paralyzed because he was making it rain at a strip club and hes offended by a guy who he hadnt heard of before Rutgers.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)
I dont know what bothers me more. Imus's explanation, which is ridiculous or Pacman actually saying he is offended and is going to pray for him. Theres a guy paralyzed because he was making it rain at a strip club and hes offended by a guy who he hadnt heard of before Rutgers.

I dunno... what is Pacman supposed to say? "I know I'm a douche everyone, I realize that, but he shouldn't have said what he said"

It's not necessarily what Jones said, but it shows how we can't have two morons in the same scene. Jones gets a small pass because a bigger moron shows up. And a probably racists comment trumps all.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:01 AM)
I dunno... what is Pacman supposed to say? "I know I'm a douche everyone, I realize that, but he shouldn't have said what he said"

Theres not really a correct answer for that question. He cant really answer it honestly but saying what he said is so transparent its aggravating. If anything, maybe just saying he doesnt like Imus and thinks what he said was stupid. Pacmans comment about how he hopes Imus' employer handles it is what upset me the most. This is a guy who has been whining in the media about wanting to be given a 7th chance by his employer and how he doesnt think its fair he cant work and now he is trying to get a guy who only said something stupid fired by saying what he did really offended him and he hopes it gets taken care of. If Pacman was to be held by the standard hes asking Imus to be held to he would never be allowed to play football again.

I just really hate how Imus put Pacman in a position to take the high road and look like a victim. I dont believe Imus' explanation but at the same time I dont think he meant what he said in the most cynical way. I just really think he must be either way behind in the times of whats socially acceptable or really really dumb.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
Theres not really a correct answer for that question. He cant really answer it honestly but saying what he said is so transparent its aggravating. If anything, maybe just saying he doesnt like Imus and thinks what he said was stupid. Pacmans comment about how he hopes Imus' employer handles it is what upset me the most. This is a guy who has been whining in the media about wanting to be given a 7th chance by his employer and how he doesnt think its fair he cant work and now he is trying to get a guy who only said something stupid fired by saying what he did really offended him and he hopes it gets taken care of. If Pacman was to be held by the standard hes asking Imus to be held to he would never be allowed to play football again.

I just really hate how Imus put Pacman in a position to take the high road and look like a victim. I dont believe Imus' explanation but at the same time I dont think he meant what he said in the most cynical way. I just really think he must be either way behind in the times of whats socially acceptable or really really dumb.

I suppose Pacman didn't have to be so self-righteous about it.

I hate how we jump to label something as racist....but...

This is pretty clear. His co-host rambles on about all the stuff this guy has done in the past and his crimes and imus interrupts him and says "wait and he's what color?" Basically acting suprised that a professional sports player with a rap sheet that long is black.

He's the opposite extreme of guys like Jackson and Sharpton. Once we get rid of them and they die and hopefully become forgotten, I think the racial divide (as much of one that is left) will get even smaller.