6/24 Games - Tuesday

scenario

Norfolk @ Charlotte

Day game...

Egbert pitching

1st inning - Bourgeois walked. David Cook doubled and drove him home.

8 innings later... Charlotte ended up winning 6-5 with a two-run bottom of the 9th. See notes below. Bizarre finish.

Birmingham @ Mississippi tonight

Cassel the starter

Barons won 8-5. Barons got 14 hits.

Cole Armstrong goes 4-5.

Victor Mercedes with a homerun.

Who misses David Cook, eh?

Winston-Salem is off.

The Carolina League all-star game is tonight instead

Kannapolis @ Lexington tonight

Levi Maxwell the starter

Looks like milb.com is offering video coverage on this game.

The I's win 12-7 on 16 hits. Mollenhauer with 4 hits. Logan Johnson and Christian Marerro with 3 hits each.

Kingsport @ Bristol tonight

Onarkys Paniagua pitching

Bristol won 3-1.

Nice outing for Paniagua: 6 innings; 1 run on 5 hits; 7 K's and 0 walks.

Asselin with his 2nd save.

Helena @ Great Falls

Nevin Griffith pitching

GF lost 5-3.

Griffith went 5 innings; 0 earned runs; 3 hits; 4 K's; and 4 BB's.

Lyndon Estill with a homerun.

Edited by scenario

David Cook update... :)

2nd at-bat

Single

Drives in another run, his second of the game.

Charlotte up 3-1.

Cook now hitting a paltry .413 (19 for 46) since his promotion to AAA 14 games ago.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
Kannapolis @ Lexington tonight

Levi Maxwell the probable starter

Looks like milb.com is offering video coverage on this game.

Yeah, but it's only one camera shot from the press box level, nothing to get excited about.

I think I jinxed Cook. He hit into a double play and struck out twice in his three at-bats since my earlier comments. I hate when that happens.

Bourgeois is really coming on since his miserable start to the season. He's 2-4 today, hitting .423 in his last 10 games, and his average is up to a respectable .279 on the season. Nice comeback.

And Getz is bouncing back after a short cold streak. 4-5 so far today. Hitting .304 on the season.

Top of the 9th inning... Charlotte down 5-4.

Edited by scenario

Bottom of the 9th - Charlotte trailing 5-4...

Javier Castillo doubled in the bottom of the 9th to score Danny Richar and tie the game at 5-5.

Castillo on 2nd with one out.

Noah Hall strikes out.

Nicholas Blasi with an infield hit putting runners at 1st and 3rd and two outs.

Come on Paul Phillips.

LOL. Now I've heard it all.

Paul Phillips struck out to end the inning, but the ball got away from the catcher. It was recorded as a wild pitch... Phillips makes 1st on the dropped 3rd strike... and Javier Castillo scored the winning run from 3B. Ballgame.

Charlotte wins 6-5.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
LOL. Now I've heard it all.

Paul Phillips struck out to end the inning, but the ball got away from the catcher. It was recorded as a wild pitch... Phillips makes 1st on the dropped 3rd strike... and Javier Castillo scored the winning run from 3B. Ballgame.

Charlotte wins 6-5.

Beat this: "Senior John McKee singled to lead off the top of the eleventh inning. He was lifted for pinch runner Kurt Calvert, who moved second on a sacrifice bunt by senior Gary Arndt and then went to third on a ground out by junior Evan Frey. Then, with junior Brock Bond at the plate, a throw back from the UT catcher Preston Clark sailed over the head of the Longhorn pitcher Randy Boone, allowing Calvert to score the go-ahead run."

Mizzou won at Texas last year on that. That's the craziest go-ahead/winning run situation I've heard of.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Beat this: "Senior John McKee singled to lead off the top of the eleventh inning. He was lifted for pinch runner Kurt Calvert, who moved second on a sacrifice bunt by senior Gary Arndt and then went to third on a ground out by junior Evan Frey. Then, with junior Brock Bond at the plate, a throw back from the UT catcher Preston Clark sailed over the head of the Longhorn pitcher Randy Boone, allowing Calvert to score the go-ahead run."

Mizzou won at Texas last year on that. That's the craziest go-ahead/winning run situation I've heard of.

The Barons won two games this past week on throwing and fielding errors by Ivan DeJesus Jr. that allowed the winning run to score for walk off victories.

Why hasn't Logan Johnson been promoted yet? He's got 10 homers and 39 RBI's. He's already 24, so maybe he should get a shot at W-S or B'ham. I imagine he'd at least start out at B'ham in 2009, but he should at least get a promotion to W-S this year.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Why hasn't Logan Johnson been promoted yet? He's got 10 homers and 39 RBI's. He's already 24, so maybe he should get a shot at W-S or B'ham. I imagine he'd at least start out at B'ham in 2009, but he should at least get a promotion to W-S this year.

He went through sort of a prolonged slump after a very hot start.

Quite likely if he picks it back up that he'll end in W-S before the end of the year.

Also... it looks like Eduardo Escobar was promoted from Great Falls to Kannapolis. He's in the Kanny lineup tonight.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
He went through sort of a prolonged slump after a very hot start.

Quite likely if he picks it back up that he'll end in W-S before the end of the year.

Also... it looks like Eduardo Escobar was promoted from Great Falls to Kannapolis. He's in the Kanny lineup tonight.

Nick Mahin was promoted to Kanny as well. Lee Cruz was promoted from Kanny to B'ham a week after he was demoted to Kanny from W-S.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
scenario you are a stud for all of you're updates...

but you got nothing on david cook

Thanks... and yeah, I know... I have to quit ignoring that Cook guy. :)