Sox @ Dodgers Game 2 Floyd vs Stults 9:10

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
tomorrow we could lose the division lead. 2 weeks ago we were 6.5 up, what a terrible turn around.

Its going to get ugly before it gets better. After the cubs, we get Laffey, Lee and Sabathia and then the Oakland As. Those pitching staffs against our rotten offense is ugly.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)
Easy.

Because both of those teams are in our league....and at one point we may possibly be competing against them for a wildcard spot. (Even though we are not this year.)

Beating teams in the same league will have a more direct impact on the pennant race than playing the Nationals, Astros, Reds etc.

I am talking about this year though. You are always going to play a number of meaningless games every year.

The Twins are amazing. Just when it looked like we buried them they are unstoppable.

I don't get the game here tonight.

Is it this pitcher or our typically bizarre offense having one of those nights ... again?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:47 AM)
Its going to get ugly before it gets better. After the cubs, we get Laffey, Lee and Sabathia and then the Oakland As. Those pitching staffs against our rotten offense is ugly.

We need to find a way to strengthen the lineup against LHP. With Swisher being terrible against southpaws, Anderson pretty useless, and Crede having shocking splits, it's hard to see where we can improve.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
The Twins are amazing. Just when it looked like we buried them they are unstoppable.

I don't get the game here tonight.

Is it this pitcher or our typically bizarre offense having one of those nights ... again?

The Twins are not amazing. Our ineptitude is what let them back in. If our offense hit like a mediocre offense early on, they would be talking about how the lead is going to be cut to 6 after tonight. Our laying on the ground dead on the road, and our inability to hit guys we never have seen is why we are screwing this up.

Yeah but you have to give them (Twins) credit for bouncing back after the Sox kicked their ass.

I mean those games were bloody bad for the Twins and here they are responding.

Hope our team gets out of this funk before long. Like many have said it's not going to get easier anytime soon.

We need Paulie and Thome back. Yes we do.

This team is so streaky. Hopefully we can start a new winning streak and maybe MIN and DET will cool off a bit. But I really don't see this lead lasting long if we keep sucking like this. I am just ready to go back to playing AL teams. Hopefully we can take advantage of the Tribe next week and we still have 16 games left against the Royals. But what has happened to our pitching lately? Floyd is getting consistently rocked, Contreras is sucking and Javy has looked like a b**** mostly since his start in Seattle.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
This team is so streaky. Hopefully we can start a new winning streak and maybe MIN and DET will cool off a bit. But I really don't see this lead lasting long if we keep sucking like this. I am just ready to go back to playing AL teams. Hopefully we can take advantage of the Tribe next week and we still have 16 games left against the Royals. But what has happened to our pitching lately? Floyd is getting consistently rocked, Contreras is sucking and Javy has looked like a b**** mostly since his start in Seattle.

The pitching has been throwing a lot of high stress innings this year, because of our offense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)

The 10-1 in their last 11 games Kansas City Royals?

Getting out of a jam like that would ignite a non-dysfunctional team.

Can we get a rally going??

Or is this pitcher going to continue to resemble Sandy K?

Great job minimizing the damage that inning, Sox.

Can you wake up now? Or is this game ova?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 11:57 AM)
Getting out of a jam like that would ignite a non-dysfunctional team.

Can we get a rally going??

Or is this pitcher going to continue to resemble Sandy K?

Great job minimizing the damage that inning, Sox.

Can you wake up now? Or is this game ova?

How many times have we asked that of the team? They suck. I am starting to really hate our offense. Two weeks ago everything was magical. The weather started heating up and so did the offense. I thought that the Twins series was this teams statement saying that they were for real and this division was theirs. Now they are just pissing it away. As for the Twins, they fight and claw back to 1.5 games back. The Sox would never pull off something like that. This might be the last weekend in first, so enjoy it while it lasts.

I have to agree.

What a pathetic inning. Stultz officially has emerged tonight as the best pitcher in the league again, the talk of the league tonight because of our team.

Seven shutout innings for this guy so far??

Congrats Sox, you made another unproven pitcher look like a phenom tonight.

Wow.

Hope we can pull out the rubber game tomorrow. 2-1 would be OK obviously.

1-2 would be bad heading into Cub Series Part II

i've never seen a team like the 2008 white sox, this is unbelievable lol

i have a hard time right now believing this team is as good as i thought they were at different points so far this season

maybe we're just going through a bad stretch, maybe we took advantage of other teams during their slumps but are now facing them at their full strength

i still see major, gaping holes in our offense though, and these hitters seem to NEVER LEARN or ADJUST from their mistakes which will ultimately lead to missing the playoffs once again

blame the coaching, blame the players, blame both.. but something is fundamentally wrong with this offense and it isn't going to fix itself

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
How many times have we asked that of the team? They suck. I am starting to really hate our offense. Two weeks ago everything was magical. The weather started heating up and so did the offense. I thought that the Twins series was this teams statement saying that they were for real and this division was theirs. Now they are just pissing it away. As for the Twins, they fight and claw back to 1.5 games back. The Sox would never pull off something like that. This might be the last weekend in first, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Not only am I hating the offense, the pitching hasn't exactly done it's job as of late, either.

And you're right about the magical part. 2 weeks ago, people were comparing this team to the 2005 team (even though I didn't exactly agree with that then, either) and were thinking up the possibility of a Cubs/Sox World Series. Now, from the looks of this current team and the ineptitude of KW to get up off his @$$ and make a splash for a big time hitter/pitcher, it looks as if we'll be lucky to finish in 2nd place.

Yeah, it sure is a funny game. The Royals simply had to take the field to get an 'L' a couple weeks ago.

Automatic Ls.

Now they are hot and only 7 out after tonight.

I think you are right about the offense being flawed.

It's based solely on home runs and we hit a lot of them but when we don't hit them pencil in the L.

Of course I think it's 8 times now we got zero runs.

That's pathetic beyond belief the amount of nights we get completely shut down.

Bye bye first place.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 05:08 AM)
Not only am I hating the offense, the pitching hasn't exactly done it's job as of late, either.

And you're right about the magical part. 2 weeks ago, people were comparing this team to the 2005 team (even though I didn't exactly agree with that then, either) and were thinking up the possibility of a Cubs/Sox World Series. Now, from the looks of this current team and the ineptitude of KW to get up off his @$ and make a splash for a big time hitter/pitcher, it looks as if we'll be lucky to finish in 2nd place.

Please tell me what moves KW can make? We have the worst farm system in baseball. This roster is better than the Twins...it's up to them to hold off the Tigers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Please tell me what moves KW can make? We have the worst farm system in baseball. This roster is better than the Twins...it's up to them to hold off the Tigers.

That is true, though, also. It looks like he traded our whole farm for garbage, but was fine and dandy at the time, but now it looks like trades like the one for Swisher really screwed us.