Why not Wise

TCQ

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
The same could be said about people like you giving up on him after 1 day?

I'm not looking at one day to give up on him. I'm looking at his whole career. He has holes in his game, hence the reason none of the other organizations he's been with have declared him the next great thing.

On a side note, I heard callers calling in the Score before the game today saying they wanted to release/trade Thome or Konerko to make room for Wise!!! Huh? I can see the argument that the Sox are better having Swisher at 1B and BA in CF (not wise though) considering how much PK and Thome have struggled. And I would even bench one of the two of them if they continued to hit like garbage.

But how does releasing or trading either Thome or PK make this team better as a whole. Forgetting about what you'd get for them in a trade (not much) I'll take Thome off the bench as pinch hitter way before Wise.

QUOTE (gosox41 @ Jun 28, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
I'm not looking at one day to give up on him. I'm looking at his whole career. He has holes in his game, hence the reason none of the other organizations he's been with have declared him the next great thing.

On a side note, I heard callers calling in the Score before the game today saying they wanted to release/trade Thome or Konerko to make room for Wise!!! Huh? I can see the argument that the Sox are better having Swisher at 1B and BA in CF (not wise though) considering how much PK and Thome have struggled. And I would even bench one of the two of them if they continued to hit like garbage.

But how does releasing or trading either Thome or PK make this team better as a whole. Forgetting about what you'd get for them in a trade (not much) I'll take Thome off the bench as pinch hitter way before Wise.

It's embarrassing that those callers are assumed Sox fans. Maybe one of them was an incognito jay mariotti.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
It's embarrassing that those callers are assumed Sox fans. Maybe one of them was an incognito jay mariotti.

Mariotti's too much of a coward to make phone calls, you know that.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
I can't imagine listening to talk shows in Chicago after a Sox loss.

It's bad enough on here. I can't imagine a mad, passionate fan saying the stuff that sometimes looks dumb a day later when we win.

I'd say the fans on here are far more passionate than those that call into radio stations.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 02:00 AM)
I'd say fans are even dumber here too.

I vehemently disagree with you. There are some passionate and over reactive fans on here. But there is a huge amount of good baseball knowledge being shared on this site by some very astute baseball fans.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 04:52 AM)
I vehemently disagree with you. There are some passionate and over reactive fans on here. But there is a huge amount of good baseball knowledge being shared on this site by some very astute baseball fans.

Yeah but I think you get the other extreme as well. I guess what I'm saying is, there are some really dumb fans here. I'm not saying generally, the fans here are dumb.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:37 AM)
Yeah but I think you get the other extreme as well. I guess what I'm saying is, there are some really dumb fans here. I'm not saying generally, the fans here are dumb.

I have conflicting opinions with a lot of the posters here from time to time. Just because I happen to disagree with them doesn't mean they are dumb. Sometimes, smart people have dumb opinions. And to be honest, anyone that spends much time here and puts forth opinions ends up having to eat their words, eventually.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
I have conflicting opinions with a lot of the posters here from time to time. Just because I happen to disagree with them doesn't mean they are dumb. Sometimes, smart people have dumb opinions. And to be honest, anyone that spends much time here and puts forth opinions ends up having to eat their words, eventually.

I agree with all of that. Sometimes they really are dumb though.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)

Not dumb posters, but there are certainly dumb posts, of which some posters seem to be more prone to than others (however, the ignore function allows me to scroll past them blissfully unaware).

That being said there are plenty of good posters if you are willing to put all that aside (Kalapse, yourself, witesoxfan, kyyle, etc etc)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
Not dumb posters, but there are certainly dumb posts, of which some posters seem to be more prone to than others (however, the ignore function allows me to scroll past them blissfully unaware).

That being said there are plenty of good posters if you are willing to put all that aside (Kalapse, yourself, witesoxfan, kyyle, etc etc)

Most of the time, when I see what I consider a 'dumb' post, I just scroll on past it. I don't want to take the time to research stats to prove a point, nor get into a pissing match with someone. I figure that sooner or later they will be influenced by the quality posts on the board and come around to my way of thinking. :P

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:03 AM)
Most of the time, when I see what I consider a 'dumb' post, I just scroll on past it. I don't want to take the time to research stats to prove a point, nor get into a pissing match with someone. I figure that sooner or later they will be influenced by the quality posts on the board and come around to my way of thinking. :P

Well that is just a dumb idea :lol: