White Sox @ Dodgers, 2:10 CSN

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Did I miss something? What was so funny?

Coop busting his hamstring when throwing his pitch counter, and then trying to play it off. All the guys our on him, they even went to the CSN guys camera to watch the replay.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
Since about 04 there has been just a steady decline in everything having to do with officiating.

I no longer know where the strikezone is anymore.

The MLB should shoot themselves in the foot for the "steady decline" of Umpires. They made several good ones retire and they also "cut" some who were respected umpires.

The strike zone is letters to knees and the ball should be just off the plate for the outside corner. I've noticed that the majority of the umpires do not call the inside corner anymore due to b****ing by several batters. (See last weekend's game with the home plate umpire on Friday---he consistently called balls for the inside corner.)

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
I see, the Sox are now supposed to do something about previous innings, and also be upset about winning the series.

Got it.

No I just wished there was more breathing room and less at-bats given away throughout the course of a game so that they are not forced to shut a team out.

The wasted opportunites and Joe Crede disaster and the fact that I have to work late because I have been listening to the game and dicking around are giving me a nervous breakdown. I also need to come in early tomorrow in order to leave early to deal with asshole cub fans.

Got it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)
This also applies to the NFL.

Are you serious? I happen to think the NFL has better officiating than the MLB. Have you ever seen Mike Carey officiate in a football game? He's great!

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:53 PM)
Are you serious? I happen to think the NFL has better officiating than the MLB. Have you ever seen Mike Carey officiate in a football game? He's great!

The NFL hasn't been the same since the Tuck Rule, then there was the 2005 Ref Bowl debacle and such. There are good ref crews like Hochuli but there are some awful ones too that make some bizarre calls, and only this year did they finally put in some rules to give the defense some leeway because the bias in favor of offense was ridiculous.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
The NFL hasn't been the same since the Tuck Rule, then there was the 2005 Ref Bowl debacle and such. There are good ref crews like Hochuli but there are some awful ones too that make some bizarre calls, and only this year did they finally put in some rules to give the defense some leeway because the bias in favor of offense was ridiculous.

Fair enough, I thought you were talking about holding calls and other calls from the line, because those are well deserved. I think the rule about late hits on Quarterbacks is a bit rediculous, but for the most part, I think the NFL has solid officiating.