Mark Buehrle

letsgoarow

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/millionaire-...rd-flight-18468

Hopefully this is some media miscommunication. Does not seem like something Mark would do. Im guessing the Dad was joking and the media took it the wrong way.

Thoughts?

Prohibitive airfares.. Im a father albeit not one that has a son that makes millions a year.. Sometimes a father doesn't have to take his son's money.. To Mark it might not be as great a deal and his father.. After all his dad witnessed him win a world series game.. His dad might not enjoy the lime light on occasions such as these. I would say it is no big deal..

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/millionaire-...rd-flight-18468

Hopefully this is some media miscommunication. Does not seem like something Mark would do. Im guessing the Dad was joking and the media took it the wrong way.

Thoughts?

It's a gossip blogger taking liberty, completely. Mark's parents rarely travel to see him play that isn't within driving distance. I'm sure if they wanted to be there, they would have been, and on Mark's dime without hesitation. Mark is a son who would do anything for his father and vice versa.

Is 1000 K's really that big of a milestone? Honestly curious, because it was something I just brushed under the rug. 100 wins, hell even 150 wins, is far more rewarding than 1000 K's. You could hypothetically be a god awful pitcher but with good stuff, stick around 12 or so years, and strike out 1000 guys.

just not a big deal to me.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
Is 1000 K's really that big of a milestone? Honestly curious, because it was something I just brushed under the rug. 100 wins, hell even 150 wins, is far more rewarding than 1000 K's. You could hypothetically be a god awful pitcher but with good stuff, stick around 12 or so years, and strike out 1000 guys.

just not a big deal to me.

It's about as big of a deal as a player's 150th homerun. He's the 421st player in major league history to reach this milestone.

Is it a big deal in terms of baseball history? Of course not. Is it a big deal for a pitcher who doesn't strike out guys and doesn't know how long he'll pitch (because no one does)? Definitely. It's a personal milestone, and it's good for him. It's a round number to attach to himself and to be proud of. If someone says to him, "You had weak stuff but good defenses" he can say "I struck out 1000 hitters, which is 1000 more than you." It's much more powerful than 998. But yeah, it's not a really significant milestone for anyone but an individual.

What a joke of an article by the sportsbybrooks blog. They clearly are trying to stir crap. I'm going to ignore the garbage posted in such article and just go back to tipping my cap once again to one of the greatest pitchers to don a Sox uniform, Mark Buehrle!!!!!

I love Mark!!!!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
It's a blog. We shouldn't give it credence. I think the mods should take it of the board.

Makes everybody on here look bad. It's dumb and not true.

I'll respectfully and completely disagree with giving blogs no credit. I'm stopping there and if I open a can of worms, I apologize ahead of time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
It's a blog. We shouldn't give it credence. I think the mods should take it of the board.

Makes everybody on here look bad. It's dumb and not true.

Some bloggers blog accurately, some bloggers blog s***. I think most here are smart enough to know the difference.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 10:01 AM)
We should build a MB statue while he's still pitching.

Ummmm ... no. Retiring Harold's number before he retired was a mistake. Building a statue of an active player would be even worse.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Ummmm ... no. Retiring Harold's number before he retired was a mistake. Building a statue of an active player would be even worse.

Best watch your mouth or he'll throw a cutter at you in your sleep.

It was written kinda tongue in cheek though. Sarcastic, but not really since I think he deserves one the moment he retires.