Oney promoted...

JPN366

I'd say rather you are just right and they are going to ease Beckham into the minor leagues, and this opens a roster spot for him. Perhaps he could be in Kanny or W-S by the end of the season too, depending on how he starts off at Great Falls.

Not a big deal in my mind.

I'm sure it was an organizational move more than anything else. I don't think there is anyone in the org that actually thinks Oney is a legitimate major league prospect. That isn't a knock on Oney, just more a reality and you can say that about a very good chunk of players playing in minor league baseball. However, there always ends up being a few guys that maybe weren't legitimate prospects (or guys who scouts at least felt had some sort of chance at making the majors) that find ways to make it and thats why people stick around (that and the love of the game).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 12:35 AM)
I'm sure it was an organizational move more than anything else. I don't think there is anyone in the org that actually thinks Oney is a legitimate major league prospect. That isn't a knock on Oney, just more a reality and you can say that about a very good chunk of players playing in minor league baseball. However, there always ends up being a few guys that maybe weren't legitimate prospects (or guys who scouts at least felt had some sort of chance at making the majors) that find ways to make it and thats why people stick around (that and the love of the game).

It should be a knock on Oney, he really really sucks

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
He'll eventually end up in Chicago... just not as a player.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
I'm thinking 2015 hitting coach.

Are you kidding?

Greg Walker will still be here then.

I'd like to give Buddy Bell just a little credit that he knows what he's doing. He's one of the more respected men in baseball and has a reputation as a no bullsh** kind of guy. Lets just wait a little while before rushing to judgement on the draft and promotions

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
Here's a nauseating article. Enjoy!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/ar...b&fext=.jsp

The quote underneath the picture:

Kenny Williams Jr., a sixth-round pick in the 2008 Draft, played three seasons at Wichita State. (Wichita State)

Yeah, um no.

Edited by BearSox

Although I think the Kenny Williams Jr. draft pick was a disaster, it is worth noting that he's had a BABIP of .130, which means he has been very unlucky for a guy his speed. Given that he's already light years ahead of his old man on strike zone judgment, it can be said that he may at some point be an organizational player. Still a waste of a 6th round pick.