Name a VP and Vett

HuskyCaucasian

Choose a VP  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Barack Obama Choose to Be His VP?

• Hillary Clinton
    • John Edwards
    • Bill Richardson
    • Jim Webb
    • Wesley Clark
    • Joe Biden
    • OTHER
  2. 2. Who Should John McCain Choose to Be His VP?

• Mike Huckabee
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Charlie Crist
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Kay Bailey Hutchison
    • Joe Lieberman

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain should take Palin from Alaska. She has a conservative record that would appeal to the base, is a woman to help balance the ticket, and has even bucked her own party in the past over corruption issues, which should appeal to the 'maverick's maverickness. Pawlenty wouldn't be bad, but none of the others are going to help. Huckabee is a loon, if Romney was good enough, he wouldn't have dropped out so early, Jindal is NOT ready for a national stage, and the rest just do nothing for me.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
Huckabee is a loon

I wasn't really posting here much during the GOP primaries but I'm curious why you think that? I don't know this board's general opinion on him.

A little too religious for me is my main complaint but otherwise he seems like a pretty stand-up guy.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
get this, i didn't pick john edwards.

went with wes clark. i'd love that VP ticket - foreign policy experience, veteran to counter mccain, and he's presidential as hell.

Yes sir, this has become my dream ticket over the last 3 months

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
I wasn't really posting here much during the GOP primaries but I'm curious why you think that? I don't know this board's general opinion on him.

A little too religious for me is my main complaint but otherwise he seems like a pretty stand-up guy.

What I mean is his religiousness is over the top for the average person. people want to respect religion, they just don't want it shoved in their face. He comes across as way too zealous to me and apears to be a bit loony. My opinion, that's all.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
get this, i didn't pick john edwards.

went with wes clark. i'd love that VP ticket - foreign policy experience, veteran to counter mccain, and he's presidential as hell.

Out of the options on the Dem Side, I think he makes by far the most sense. Excellent speaker, deals with the media very well. Solid background...perhaps equally importantly a virtually unimpeachable background compared to some of the other obvious candidates (Clinton, Webb). He's about the only one I look at and say "Yeah, this sort of makes sense all around". Hillary's dragging along her and her husband and her campaign as baggage. Jim Webb has a ton of baggage from back in the 80's, and some of his more anti-female remarks would really come under fire given how McCain would love to eat in to that demographic. Edwards, he ran in 04 and the Kerry Camp supposedly still has a bunch of problems with the way he worked as a VP candidate and how he failed to mesh with the ticket. Richardson and especially Biden have that bat s**t crazy streak going, and Biden also has the "voted for the war" thing still on him.

Since there was no "Vote for none" option on the Republican side, I went for Holy Joe, just to get him out of our caucus permanently. Although I'd love to see them go for Jindal because I want a debate question about what its like performing an exorcism.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
What I mean is his religiousness is over the top for the average person. people want to respect religion, they just don't want it shoved in their face. He comes across as way too zealous to me and apears to be a bit loony. My opinion, that's all.

Oh I agree with you, I just wanted to know if that's what you actually thought. He comes across as if he honestly believes he is some kind of a Christian warrior on a personal mission to do God's bidding to change everything and start some kind of social conservative revolution. Just no. Other than that I like him, if he tamped down all that a lot and he wasn't so locked into ideological views I'd consider voting for him.

Kay Hutchison is an interesting pick. I've had two opportunities to meet with her and one chance to work with her and her staff on a manufacturing issue. I was really impressed with her staff and I believe it reflects back on her.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
Although i tend to agree with what Wesley Clark said, I think he just talked himself out of the VP.

i was just gonna say the same thing. but damn if it doesnt piss me off. screw Obama for having Clark go out and rip McCain's war service and then denounce it to keep his hands clean. disgusting.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
i was just gonna say the same thing. but damn if it doesnt piss me off. screw Obama for having Clark go out and rip McCain's war service and then denounce it to keep his hands clean. disgusting.

I think a thread on McCain and his service needs to be made at some point. but not now. There is a lot there and a lot of rumors. If Obama can get a "Wright" thread (heck, at one point I think there were 2), there needs ot be a thread on what McCain's military service was REALLY like... other than just saying "have pity on me. I was a POW"

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)

I think a thread on McCain and his service needs to be made at some point. but not now. There is a lot there and a lot of rumors. If Obama can get a "Wright" thread (heck, at one point I think there were 2), there needs ot be a thread on what McCain's military service was REALLY like... other than just saying "have pity on me. I was a POW"

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)

Now this truly is Swift Boat part 2.

McCain's military records are out there. Go ahead and peruse them. But its utter B.S. to say that his whole thing is (have pity on my, I was a POW". That's as much B.S., if not more so, than the Swifties.

McCain was a war pilot, and put his ass on the line. I've also seen actual footage of the man leaping from a plane, across a burning flight deck, to then help the crew try to put out a fire on the Forestall.

You want to ask if McCain has foreign policy credentials, or if his military service gives him command experience, go ahead. Those are valid and prescient points to make. But your post here is just garbage, IMO.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
McCain's military records are out there. Go ahead and peruse them. But its utter B.S. to say that his whole thing is (have pity on my, I was a POW". That's as much B.S., if not more so, than the Swifties.

Where are the records? Last i heard they've NEVER be released out side of what he says. I read a rumor that John Mccain wasnt going to be offered to be an admiral, he says he turned down to become a senator. Both sides have no evdience. The records would/

As for the "POW stuff:

In 1982- "One of the things I've never tried to do is exploit my Vietnam service to my country because it would be totally inappropriate to do."

Note This:

And he mentions being a POW and Vietnam every chance he can get.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
McCain was a war pilot, and put his ass on the line. I've also seen actual footage of the man leaping from a plane, across a burning flight deck, to then help the crew try to put out a fire on the Forestall.

And he is worth our respect. But I reserve the right to look at the whole of his experience and say "ya know, this isnt what he says it really is".

As Clark said, being a POW doesnt make you qualified to be president. If it did, there should be hundreds running for president right now.

And as someone else just pointed out: There is a difference between being a war hero and being a military leader. Being a POW does not give him ANYTHING extra that makes him more qualified to be president than any other person on this planet.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Obama/Sebelius

I just dont know what she adds really. Everyone talks about her, but I know NOTHING about her and I dont think that is good when you have to try and explain to America who your VP is.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Now this truly is Swift Boat part 2.

You want to ask if McCain has foreign policy credentials, or if his military service gives him command experience, go ahead. Those are valid and prescient points to make. But your post here is just garbage, IMO.

I agree in principle with asking how his military service translates into qualification, command experience or whatever (it's not automatic contrary to popular belief, and this is where Wesley Clark was going) or the fact that being a POW, outside of respect, doesn't really add anything. But going outside of that is just cheap.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
I agree in principle with asking how his military service translates into qualification, command experience or whatever (it's not automatic contrary to popular belief, and this is where Wesley Clark was going) or the fact that being a POW, outside of respect, doesn't really add anything. But going outside of that is just cheap.

Has Gen. Clark actually gone outside that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
Has Gen. Clark actually gone outside that?

no he didn't

at all.

but Obama decided he'd rather "save face" than to have his surrogate's back. spineless.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:45 PM)
no he didn't

at all.

but Obama decided he'd rather "save face" than to have his surrogate's back. spineless.

Obama takes a political hit no matter what he does, which is bulls***. This is the part about campaigns and elections I really hate.