Name a VP and Vett

HuskyCaucasian

Choose a VP  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Barack Obama Choose to Be His VP?

• Hillary Clinton
    • John Edwards
    • Bill Richardson
    • Jim Webb
    • Wesley Clark
    • Joe Biden
    • OTHER
  2. 2. Who Should John McCain Choose to Be His VP?

• Mike Huckabee
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Charlie Crist
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Kay Bailey Hutchison
    • Joe Lieberman

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Why?
w

The thing that really pissed me off on him was the RAVE act, and the shenanigoats surrounding how Biden rammed it through the Senate. It had the brilliant idea of saying that the oner of a property and anyone working on a property could be held accountable if anyone did an illegal drug on the property. The beauty of this was that you didn't have to have a clue it was going on, so if say, you were promoting a series of concerts (Which I happened to be doing at the time he passed the thing) you could be held liable and jailed for 10 years if someone snuck a joint in to your concert through the pat-down.

The best idea anyone ever came up with for how to respond to that idiotic piece of legislation was this one.

Now you must excuse me. I'm going to drive down to Delaware, where I assume Senator Biden still keeps an office. There I will snort a delicious line of cocaine. It's Biden's property. Therefore, my drug use is technically his fault. Prisoner Number 34093. Senator Joseph Biden. Convicted April 10, 2003, letting some guy snort coke in his office. Sentence, 50 years. Up for...in 30.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
yeah that's pretty stupid. I'm going to do drugs in my roommates room now.

I guess I just like him for his "noun, verb and 9/11" quip

He also was wrong on the biggest vote of the last 10+ years.

CBS News: Obama Veep Pick To Come Friday

CBS News has confirmed that Barack Obama's campaign now plans to announce Obama's vice presidential choice to supporters via email and text message on Friday afternoon. He will then appear with his running mate at noon the next day in Springfield, Illinois.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
CBS News: Obama Veep Pick To Come Friday

CBS News has confirmed that Barack Obama's campaign now plans to announce Obama's vice presidential choice to supporters via email and text message on Friday afternoon. He will then appear with his running mate at noon the next day in Springfield, Illinois.

At the rate the reports of "Obama planning to pick on day x" are coming, by Friday, the media will be reporting that Obama will pick by next Thursday.

I have seen a few sites try and figure out Obama's VP based on Domain Name registrations. So, I thought I would have some fun. Attached here is a list of the "top 3" and some others who are outside chances. I ran the "logical" combinations of names.

BarackObama.com is registered and hosted at GoDaddy.com. So, it would be logical to think that GoDaddy would ALSO host the ticket's website. So, I bolded the domain names that use GoDaddy. Also, often companies / campaigns buy domains through "dummy" or proxy companies to avoid being seen. I but in red the sites that stood out to me.

Biden, Kaine, Kerry, and Sebelius peak my attention.

One site seems to think an Obama / Sebelius site is already under construction.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Take This With A Grain of Salt:

Bloggers Adam Fogle and Lawyer Mama are putting their money on Kaine, a personal friend of Senator Obama. Fogle cited a source that told him that an emergency line-of-succession meeting with high-ranking Virginia officials was held at Kaine's office, while Obama campaign volunteer Lawyer Mama noted Kaine's "pro-life and pro-guns" credentials to help bring in the conservative vote. Kaine also spent last weekend stumping for Senator Obama in town hall meetings across Virginia.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

So, let's finish the "Obama VP" Speculation quadfecta (I think i just invented this word):

1) Rumor of a Obama-Sebelius website being developed.

2) Kaine hols emergency "line-of-secession" meeting in VA

3) Biden, the "hot name" in DC circles right now.

4) And just today, ‘major event’ in Indianapolis on Saturday:

NashvillePost.com has learned that senior campaign officials from the Barack Obama Presidential campaign are being dispatched from various locations around the country and are converging in Indianapolis for a “major event” to take place on Saturday.

Saturday is the same day that Obama is expected to make his first public appearance with his yet to be announced vice presidential running mate. Indiana is the home state of Democratic Senator Evan Bayh, widely considered to be on the short list of Democratic vice presidential contenders.

Sources in Denver, the site of next week's Democratic National Convention, say that individuals responsible for Obama's major public appearances have been pulled out of the city and are heading east towards Indiana.

Bayh was first elected to the United States Senate in 1999, he had previously served as Indiana's governor from 1989 until 1997.

His father, Birch Bayh, served in the U.S. Senate from 1963 until 1981. Birch Bayh ran for president in 1976, losing the Democratic nomination to soon-to-be-elected President Jimmy Carter.

Bayh is considered a centrist in Democratic politics, strong on issues like international relations and the economy. While Indiana is considered to be a "red state," Bayh has consistently garnered over 60 percent of the vote in his last three statewide elections.

UPDATE: The politico had the date wrong. The "major event" is Saturday, not Sunday.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
I laugh because it's almost like they've had a leak a day about all 4 different people. Tomorrow, they'll be something about Richardson.

I think the Obama campaign is throwing smoke screens. No one know where to look. Then BAM! I would NOT be shocked int he least if he picks Powell or Kerry. No one seems to mention these guys. Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
I think the Obama campaign is throwing smoke screens. No one know where to look. Then BAM! I would NOT be shocked int he least if he picks Powell or Kerry. No one seems to mention these guys. Highly unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Or Daschle. Or Hell, Gore. Pretty much anyone but Lieberman at this point wouldn't surprise me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
Or Daschle. Or Hell, Gore. Pretty much anyone but Lieberman at this point wouldn't surprise me.

It won't be Gore. He has nine figures worth of investments he would have to divest to take office, and that isn't going to happen.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)

I would be shocked at Powell or Kerry. Remember why Powell dropped out when he ran before - I don't think his wife changed her mind. And Kerry is just going to look really bad for moderates, so I say no way.

It could be someone obscure, but I'd still say the short list of likelies (in no particular order) is:

Biden

Kaine

Richardson

Sebelius

Bayh