Name a VP and Vett

HuskyCaucasian

Choose a VP  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Barack Obama Choose to Be His VP?

• Hillary Clinton
    • John Edwards
    • Bill Richardson
    • Jim Webb
    • Wesley Clark
    • Joe Biden
    • OTHER
  2. 2. Who Should John McCain Choose to Be His VP?

• Mike Huckabee
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Charlie Crist
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Kay Bailey Hutchison
    • Joe Lieberman

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
I'm I wrong to hope that McCain picks Lieberman because it'll royally piss off some of the republican base?

I think the MSM is creaming themselves to see that happen, because they KNOW it will be a nail in the coffin for McCain. And surely McCain knows that as well.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
On a side note:

With all the fun the Obama campaign is having over this "houses" thing, that pretty much means he wont announce his VP today. They want this thing to get prime time coverage and a VP announcement would kill it.

And I still find it hard to believe you'd do that kind of announcement on a Friday.

And when are the closing ceremonies?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
And I still find it hard to believe you'd do that kind of announcement on a Friday.

And when are the closing ceremonies?

Me too, I'm VERY surprised that it hasn't come out until now. I can't remember a candidate waiting until the convention itself to pick the candidate, and RSO just might have to, which cuts into the airtime of others, including his wife. It makes me wonder if there's not gigtantic skeletons in everyone's closet and they're putting out trial balloons everywhere to see what gets picked up and what doesn't.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Me too, I'm VERY surprised that it hasn't come out until now. I can't remember a candidate waiting until the convention itself to pick the candidate, and RSO just might have to, which cuts into the airtime of others, including his wife. It makes me wonder if there's not gigtantic skeletons in everyone's closet and they're putting out trial balloons everywhere to see what gets picked up and what doesn't.

What is RSO?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
Update from CNN on the Obama Veepstakes. Basically, he's called some folks on the short list, saying they aren't the choice. Also, of note, they say that he will announce (or introduce) the VP at a rally in Springfield on Saturday.

AP says Obama’s choice is imminent – “hours away.”

and

Mark Halperin has two Republican sources who say Sen. John McCain will pick Mitt Romney as his running mate. and Marc Ambinder reports there are "hints" of a major McCain rally being planned in Michigan "on or about 8/31."

and

Sebelius And Kaine Booked To Discuss Obama's Veep Choice On Sunday Shows

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I JUST GOT MY TEXT~!!!!!! ;)

Juuuuust skiddin'. :)

It'll be in the next hour. He wants to hit up all those commuters as they drive home for "BREAKING NEWS!!!"

:lol:

This gives me an idea. I think I might go wreck my car and say the RSO text made me do it.

Oh wait, I just confessed. Damn. Now I can't do it.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
I JUST GOT MY TEXT~!!!!!! ;)

Juuuuust skiddin'. :)

It'll be in the next hour. He wants to hit up all those commuters as they drive home for "BREAKING NEWS!!!"

:lol:

This gives me an idea. I think I might go wreck my car and say the RSO text made me do it.

Oh wait, I just confessed. Damn. Now I can't do it.

:lolhitting

UPDATE: It's been an hour and no announcement. i would assume if it is true that Obama's VP will be in Springfield tomorrow, he HAS to announce today. The plane ride late tonight or early tomorrow will tip off reporters.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)
:lolhitting

UPDATE: It's been an hour and no announcement. i would assume if it is true that Obama's VP will be in Springfield tomorrow, he HAS to announce today. The plane ride late tonight or early tomorrow will tip off reporters.

He/She is probably already there. :lol:

It's Michele. :lolhitting

I just about flipped. I NEVER.... EVER get text messages. I hate them. I ask people not to text me. About 2 minutes ago, my phone's text message ringer went off. It's near the top of the hour. Good "drive time" announcement. I thought "here we go!"..... it was one of my co-workers asking if I would fix something on her phone on Monday.

DOH!