Name a VP and Vett

HuskyCaucasian

Choose a VP  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Barack Obama Choose to Be His VP?

• Hillary Clinton
    • John Edwards
    • Bill Richardson
    • Jim Webb
    • Wesley Clark
    • Joe Biden
    • OTHER
  2. 2. Who Should John McCain Choose to Be His VP?

• Mike Huckabee
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bobby Jindal
    • Charlie Crist
    • Tim Pawlenty
    • Kay Bailey Hutchison
    • Joe Lieberman

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
How, exactly, do they plan on shuttling in the VP without the press noticing? Maybe they expect the press to ntice overnight when most are sleeping.

Couple options. Either they send the text message just before they start moving the person (the event tomorrow is scheduled for 12 CST according to the campaign website. It can't be more than a 3 hour flight from anywhere in the country to Chicago, less if it's from somewhere like Indiana, probably 2 hours from DE or VA. They could send the text out at 7:30-8:00 a.m. EST and still have a good 5 hours.

Or...it could just be someone that's not being staken out.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
Couple options. Either they send the text message just before they start moving the person (the event tomorrow is scheduled for 12 CST according to the campaign website. It can't be more than a 3 hour flight from anywhere in the country to Chicago, less if it's from somewhere like Indiana, probably 2 hours from DE or VA. They could send the text out at 7:30-8:00 a.m. EST and still have a good 5 hours.

Or...it could just be someone that's not being staken out.

That's a good point. Man, I dont want to get woken up at 7AM. lol

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
That's a good point. Man, I dont want to get woken up at 7AM. lol

Yeah, that would be like 4:00 PST. That might annoy a few people out in those western states he'd like to get.

If that schedule is true, it really suggests it has to be someone not on the stakeout list.

Of course, the campaign did manage to pull off a Barack/Hillary meeting and no one had a clue about it...so they've snuck people past the media before.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
Bumper Sticker Could Indicate Bayh Is Obama's Veep

The sticker doenst look very "Obama-ish" Although, it does use a similar font. See my signature below. Compare Obama to Obama.

You know, I'm actually wondering if this might have been a plant...the campaign asks someone they've contracted with before to send that message out, knowing Drudge will run with it...

Could of course be made to eat my words, but it would seem odd that they'd make the mistake of placing their order before telling everyone else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
You know, I'm actually wondering if this might have been a plant...the campaign asks someone they've contracted with before to send that message out, knowing Drudge will run with it...

Could of course be made to eat my words, but it would seem odd that they'd make the mistake of placing their order before telling everyone else.

I thought that too when i posted it, i should have added it. It's typical misdirection.

On a side note: Nice Catch By The Monthly Atlantic.

A flight from Midway to New Castle, DE... to pick someone up? Who knows? No other flights from anywhere in and around Chicago to anywhere in and around Delaware... or vice versa. Just this charter.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
Obama Campaign = Apple Computer (excuse me, Apple Inc)? lol

Both are well known for misdirection and extreme secrecy when needed.

Great line by a republican strategist on CNN just now:

"If they dont get the white house, they have a BRIGHT future in the CIA. These guys can keep secrets."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
I love the CNN stake out of all the "short-list" houses as if they expect the person to come running out onto the lawn naked with a giant Obama logo painted on their chest.

Seriously.

:headbang

AHB, I think this is your best post EVAR.

TIFWIW

Republican strategist Karl Rove called Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (I-Conn.) late last week and urged him to contact John McCain to withdraw his name from vice presidential consideration, according to three sources familiar with the conversation.

Lieberman dismissed the request, these sources agreed.

Lieberman “laughed at the suggestion and certainly did not call [McCain] on it,” said one source familiar with the details.

“Rove called Lieberman,” recounted a second source. “Lieberman told him he would not make that call.”

Rove did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Powell Spokesperson: No, He's Not Going To Be Veep

There's yet another round of rumors today to the effect that Colin Powell is being seriously considered as McCain's Veep.

So we checked in with his spokesperson, Peggy Cifrino, who told us that the answer is definitely, positively, and unequivocally NO!

"There is absolutely no truth to this whatsoever," Cifrino emailed us.

When we asked if Powell had been vetted, she continued: "He is busy with his own life and has said repeatedly that he has no interest in being a vice presidential candidate. He has NOT filled out any vetting papers and there is just no truth to this."

TIFWIW

If security sweeps are the giveaway, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney may be on the brink of being selected as Sen. John McCain’s (R-Ariz.) vice presidential running mate.

According to sources with strong Michigan ties, the Secret Service has conducted a security sweep of the home of Romney’s sister. Romney was raised in Michigan, where his father served as governor.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 27, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
McCain should take Palin from Alaska. She has a conservative record that would appeal to the base, is a woman to help balance the ticket, and has even bucked her own party in the past over corruption issues, which should appeal to the 'maverick's maverickness. Pawlenty wouldn't be bad, but none of the others are going to help. Huckabee is a loon, if Romney was good enough, he wouldn't have dropped out so early, Jindal is NOT ready for a national stage, and the rest just do nothing for me.

Holy s***, Alpha. June 27th. f***ing good call.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
I think Biden is a lot like what McCain is. Then what does McCain have then?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
w

The thing that really pissed me off on him was the RAVE act, and the shenanigoats surrounding how Biden rammed it through the Senate. It had the brilliant idea of saying that the oner of a property and anyone working on a property could be held accountable if anyone did an illegal drug on the property. The beauty of this was that you didn't have to have a clue it was going on, so if say, you were promoting a series of concerts (Which I happened to be doing at the time he passed the thing) you could be held liable and jailed for 10 years if someone snuck a joint in to your concert through the pat-down.

The best idea anyone ever came up with for how to respond to that idiotic piece of legislation was this one.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:38 PM)
yeah that's pretty stupid. I'm going to do drugs in my roommates room now.

I guess I just like him for his "noun, verb and 9/11" quip

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
He also was wrong on the biggest vote of the last 10+ years.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
I'd have to go find it but I predicted Biden about two months ago somewhere around here...

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Biden is the fashionable pick for the week as Bayh was two weeks ago, and Kaine was the week before that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
But...this is the right week to be the fashionable pick.

Um hmmm... you all love Biden.