Cubs @ Sox - Game 3, 7:05 PM, 06/29, ESPN

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 07:10 PM)
That kid in green behind the backstop is going to be real annoying this entire game.

yeah he is

Strikeout to DLee

9 pitch inning i believe

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 11:28 AM)
Nobody is a WS lock on June 29th, however, considering up until the Tampa series the Cubs had not lost 3 games in a row, and up until yesterday, the Cubs had never lost 3 in a row twice(hopefully 4 in a row after today), I would venture to say the Cubs are still sitting pretty. Even if they lose.

Lets see the White Sox send the fans home delirious tonite after an ESPN primetime game.

I don't even think anyone could possibly be considered a world series lock in baseball. The reality is in baseball, more than any other sport, the team that gets hot at the right time can go from the underdog to the favorite in a hurry. The only other sport that I would say works that way is hockey, where a goalie can get hot and absolutely carry a team.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Why do we have the Right Handed lineup in against a LHP. Usually Hall gets a start and Thome gets a day off against Lefty starters...what gives with today.

Thome hasn't played that much due to those games in the NL so I think Ozzie wants to get him some consistent at bats. Not sure why AJ is out, but I'm guessing the Sox have an off-day tomorrow and Ozzie wants AJ in there (although doesn't Hall catch Buehrle relatively often).

That said, Marshall is the type of pitcher that will give AJ trouble. I'd have had no problem with Hall starting and Alexi hitting in the 2 spot. That said, big game, no problem playing your big game player (especially with the off-day on Monday).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
That said, Marshall is the type of pitcher that will give AJ trouble. I'd have had no problem with Hall starting and Alexi hitting in the 2 spot. That said, big game, no problem playing your big game player (especially with the off-day on Monday).

I thought we're playing Cleveland at the Cell?