Cubs @ Sox - Game 3, 7:05 PM, 06/29, ESPN

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
I don't know if it's because we're playing the Cubs, but this is the most nervous I've been all year.

With the way the Twins and Tigers are playing, I don't care who we play, as long as we win, but yes this game seems more nerveracking than other games.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
It looked like brian knew that'd be a ball before the release? Was he just taking no matter what?

Yes, it's pretty common to stand still on a 3-0 count, a lot of guys do it on a 0-0 count too (OC comes to mind)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 03:09 AM)
Yes, it's pretty common to stand still on a 3-0 count, a lot of guys do it on a 0-0 count too (OC comes to mind)

that was 2-0 at the point I asked.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
Looks like we got a break...I like this first base ump!

Yeah, they get a break. I like these umpires because they don't take s*** and stick with their calls. Granted both calls were incorrect, they shouldn't take the s*** they got from Trammell or Piniella. I'm glad the home plate umpire threw him out. Also, on a play at first like that, there is no way, unless you have the perfect angle, the perfect eyesight, and perfect hearing, you absolutely cannot make that call.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
thank you. TV Power

see what you could have missed

I think you can keep it on for the top, but dont get too comfortable ... :headbang