Tribe @ Sox, Game 1, 06/30, 7:11 PM

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
Tigers win 5-4.........not sure if I'm happy about that even though we increase our lead over MIN.

How can you not be happy? Detroit remains 5 back but we gain another game on Minnesota. If Detroit can win tomorrow, that'd be huge, but we'd have to win- we'd be 2.5 up on Minnesota and then 6 up on Detroit. Then, hopefully we can complete the sweep Wednesday and Detroit can win again- we'd be 3.5 up on Minnesota and 6 up on Detroit.

:gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 12:05 AM)
How can you not be happy? Detroit remains 5 back but we gain another game on Minnesota. If Detroit can win tomorrow, that'd be huge, but we'd have to win- we'd be 2.5 up on Minnesota and then 6 up on Detroit. Then, hopefully we can complete the sweep Wednesday and Detroit can win again- we'd be 3.5 up on Minnesota and 6 up on Detroit.

:gosox3: :headbang

This is incorrect. If we sweep and DET sweeps (which is what you have in this scenario) then the standings will go:

CWS --

MIN 4.5

DET 5.0

KC ?

CLE 12.5

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
This is incorrect. If we sweep and DET sweeps (which is what you have in this scenario) then the standings will go:

CWS --

MIN 4.5

DET 5.0

KC ?

CLE 12.5

I meant to say I hope Detroit wins tomorrow and loses Wednesday. Apologies...