DABearSoX

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
he's right though!

Yeah well I thought he was going to say something about how Lee pitches rather than throws, but that's not what happened.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
I smell a hit from BA.

Nice. Still, I can't think of the last time where I've seen Brian back to back at bats where he attempts to shoot a ball opposite field (and that right now is what I think his problem is, he just gets way too pull happy). Mechanically his swing is much improved, still not great, but I think he's to a point that if he improves his approach he will be a successful big leaguer.

All that said, its hard for him to get the timing down with limited playing time (especially for a player with as mechanical of a swing as Brian).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
You shouldn't worry about Paulie, he's about as good a throwing 1st baseman as there is in baseball. Now Frank Thomas, one of the worse arms I've ever seen on a professional baseball player.

Paulie had some horrific days on the field a while back...and it messed with his head. He was short-arming balls...trying to aim them...you could just tell he lost some confidence in his D there for a while. Geez-us...I still recall that one throw that should have gone 90 feet to AJ...it went about 70.

This has been the best I've seen Danks pitch all season, imo. I'll probably jinx it, but he's looked phenomenal. More importantly, he's had much better command and is actually in a spot where he can go deep into this ball game. He'll have to hold tight given who he's pitching against and the offense will have to find a way to deliver.