Indians vs. White Sox 7:11 CSN

DABearSoX

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why the Sox don't just sit on the fastball and take it to right all night.

Danks doing a great job with the help of some phenomenal defense. Let's get some damn runs here.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 01:49 AM)
I don't see why the Sox don't just sit on the fastball and take it to right all night.

Danks doing a great job with the help of some phenomenal defense. Let's get some damn runs here.

I agree, Sox have had a bad approach against Lee all game. They almost seem intimidated by him, even though he's not throwing anything special. Lee's not throwing many fastballs compared to his usual game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
I really disagree with Danks going back out there. He doesn't have much experience, if any, pitching this late into the game. They have 3 straight righties up this inning, it would be a good spot for Dotel.

So why wouldn't he learn how to pitch deep into games right here?

Maybe i'm blind, but Lee has looked pretty good to me. He's really changed speeds often and hasn't thrown a ton of fastball (which is the typical MO). More importantly on top of changing speeds he's taken control and used the inside of the plate to set up his outside stuff to righties.

There were two innings where we had a chance and even than it was just as much because the Sox hit some solid pitches (or were able to get ahead of the count but for the most part, Lee has been throwing strikes).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
I really disagree with Danks going back out there. He doesn't have much experience, if any, pitching this late into the game. They have 3 straight righties up this inning, it would be a good spot for Dotel.

He's got to get experience sometime. We can question all day whether now is the time, but hell, there is no better time than now. He's pitched great and if he gets beat it can be a learning experience and if he does good it can be something to build on. I'm glad he's out there and I hope he kicks some more ass.