Indians vs. White Sox 7:11 CSN

DABearSoX

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by Danks. His cutter in on the righty enabled him to get the easy out with that what is typically a hittable pitch (and thus getting the hitter out in front to the point where instead of hitting it out, he hits a routine fly out).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
Luckily Garko was just barely out in front of that. Nice to see Danks limit his pitch count tonight.

Danks use of his cutter was the reason Garko didn't park that. He's done a tremendous job pitching inside most of this season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:57 AM)
Danks use of his cutter was the reason Garko didn't park that. He's done a tremendous job pitching inside most of this season.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't try to say Danks got lucky on that. Great inning by Danks there, and the K gets the crowd into it. CQ looks ready to blast one, so let's get a base runner this inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't try to say Danks got lucky on that. Great inning by Danks there, and the K gets the crowd into it. CQ looks ready to blast one, so let's get a base runner this inning.

Thank you BMAC, thank you.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
That is what is so fun about having a young pitcher like Danks around. We are watching him evolve in front of our eyes. He is growing EVERY start. You see him start to trust his pitches more, and build confidence. It's a blast to watch.

The stat regarding him only allowing more than 3 runs in a game twice this season is so studly.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Maybe i'm blind, but Lee has looked pretty good to me. He's really changed speeds often and hasn't thrown a ton of fastball (which is the typical MO). More importantly on top of changing speeds he's taken control and used the inside of the plate to set up his outside stuff to righties.

There were two innings where we had a chance and even than it was just as much because the Sox hit some solid pitches (or were able to get ahead of the count but for the most part, Lee has been throwing strikes).

Lee has been very good. It's not like we are getting shut down by some hack. Sometimes you gotta tip your cap.