AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

A couple notes after I just rewatched the inning...

1.) Wise slid for about 15 feet. Reminded me of that Old Spice commercial. :lol:

2.) Thome slapped Wise in the face while celebrating.

3.) That was one of Hawk's best calls...EVER.

"THERE'S A BASE HIT! HERE COMES WISE...SIZEMORE WITH THE THROOOOOW.......SAFE! SOX WIN! SOX WIN IT AND THIS BALLGAME IS OVAH!"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing win!

Imagine how frustrating it must be for Twins fans winning 12 of 14 and still not being able to overtake us. Finally looked like they could pick up a game tonight and with 2 outs we come up with 2 runs to hold our ground.

Don't let up! Go for the sweep against CC tomorrow!

OH YEAH!!!!

This has a 2005 style victory written all over it.

Danksy brilliant again, shame he didn't pick up the win.

Alexei, OC and Wise, well down in the 10th boys.

That's what 6 in a row now. Keep stretching that lead.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
Imagine how frustrating it must be for Twins fans winning 12 of 14 and still not being able to overtake us. Finally looked like they could pick up a game tonight and with 2 outs we come up with 2 runs to hold our ground.

all my sympathy tonight is being occupied by Cleveland fans. Theyre gonna struggle to get to REM stage tonight

Edited by Princess Dye

"THERE'S A BASE HIT! HERE COMES WISE...SIZEMORE WITH THE THROOOOOW.......SAFE! SOX WIN! SOX WIN IT AND THIS BALLGAME IS OVAH!"

Wish I could have heard it.

Wise and OC and all the others you mentioned. Fantastic stuff.

Congrats to KW.

Lexi's dinger was so dramatic. So was the whole sequence after that. Damn...2 hours later and I'm still pumped up!!!! I was just thinking about the lone Sox run earlier...Lexi was just a hair from clearing the bases with his sac fly....he friggin' scorched that ball. If Sizemore was a foot over the other way...that's 3 runs.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
Lexi's dinger was so dramatic. So was the whole sequence after that. Damn...2 hours later and I'm still pumped up!!!! I was just thinking about the lone Sox run earlier...Lexi was just a hair from clearing the bases with his sac fly....he friggin' scorched that ball. If Sizemore was a foot over the other way...that's 3 runs.

What a week- Sox have won 6 of 7, Hawks get Huet and Campbell, Bears give Harrison and Bennett contracts, and the Bulls have a franchise player in Rose.

:gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)
What a week- Sox have won 6 of 7, Hawks get Huet and Campbell, Bears give Harrison and Bennett contracts, and the Bulls have a franchise player in Rose.

:gosox3: :headbang

The Sox have actually won 6 in a row and 7 of 8.

Two guys that weren't even on the 25 man roster the first several weeks help us win tonight. Congrats to Russell on the first major league win, Wise and OC manufacture the run after Alexei creates one by himself. Danks. It is hard not to start to believe watching a win like that. I think we have to get rid of Uribe when PK comes back too. I know only having Ozuna as a backup IF is a risk, but Russell and Wise have shown they can help you in spots as reserves, something I'm not sure Uribe can do. Great win!!