Hoping for a rainout tonight...

maggsmaggs

There's no reason to hope for a rainout.

If CC beats us, good for him.

Like somebody said, a funky DH date late in the season could screw us just as much.

What if we lost 2 then?

It's a marathon season; bring on CC even if he one-hits us.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
CC has been hot, Contreras has been meh...that means one thing to me. They're due. Bring on the fattie with the crooked cap.

Woah Woah Woah Woah....There is absolutely no need to make fun of his cap.

can't win every game, but you sure can show up and compete. The important thing with a pitcher of CC's caliber is to play him hard and keep the score close or tied and get into that bullpen. It worked last night against an 11-1 pitcher. Ayway what is the weather forecast for Chitown?

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
Not after weve won 6 in a row, but then again i wouldnt miss the game then as tonight i will be at the UC rockin wit Tom Petty

Sell your Petty tix, take the cash and go see the Sox. On the way to the park, just play one of his greatest hits CDs real loud in your car, it'll be the same as any of his shows and a lot cheaper. ;)

Who is opening?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
It's annoying. And hes fat. So it's double gay.

I agree with Slav here. He needs to lose the crooked hat. At least Belliard has been gone so we don't have to look at two clowns out there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
I'd rather C.C. stay on the Indians the rest of the year. It would be nice for him to be able to face the Tigers/Twins the rest of the way, and I also don't want to see him end up on the Cubs.

Agreed. He helps us out much more by pitching in our division against Detroit and Min.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
It looks like the end of the world is coming out here in Hoffman Estates.

And yet, not much rain in the area. We've gotten almost no rain at all in Streamwood despite the ominous clouds we've had over head for the last 45 minutes or so.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
Good to hear...did you hear that Sonic is coming to Bartlett? I can't wait for their desserts.

Where in Bartlett? It'll be nice to not have to drive through central Illinois just to get some decent fast food. (since we don't have Sonic, Jack in the Box or Big Boy in northern Illinois.)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
Where in Bartlett? It'll be nice to not have to drive through central Illinois just to get some decent fast food. (since we don't have Sonic, Jack in the Box or Big Boy in northern Illinois.)

59th and Stearnes, I believe.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
Since there's no gamethread yet, Crede's sitting. I'll throw up in my mouth if Ozuna is at third again.

OC, SS; AJ, C; Q, LF; Dye, RF; Thome, DH; Ozuna, 3B; Swish, 1B; Ram, 2B; BA, CF. Contreras pitching.

heh...and hes protecting thome....though i think hes had solid success vs. sabathia...which is to say hes gotten alot of IF hits

Edited by daa84