maggsmaggs

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
Hoping for a rain out is un-American!

Lets compromise. How about a 75 minute rain delay after the top of the 2nd. Neither starter returns and its the White Sox bullpen against the Indian's bullpen.

QUOTE (TLAK @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
Lets compromise. How about a 75 minute rain delay after the top of the 2nd. Neither starter returns and its the White Sox bullpen against the Indian's bullpen.

Then our tired bullpen against the A's in 4 games? No thanks.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
I am really hoping for a rainout tonight, which is probably the first time I have ever wished for one. Why?

C.C. Sabathia against Jose Contreras is not a good matchup for us and even though we have the six game winstreak, I would rather make this game up with the Indians when they either don't have Sabathia or we probably don't have to face him in the makeup game. Am I wrong to think this? Is anyone else hoping for the rainout?

Not a bad idea. But if we do win, We'll be 7 games up on Detroit and stay 2.5 up on the Twins.

I'm not scared of Sabathia really, we've hit him well enough this year. I know the first start was kind of a fluke, but we hit enough off of him in a May start here at the Cell. Contreras usually pitches well against Cleveland, maybe this is where he gets back on track.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:41 PM)
Thats quite possibly the best post on this thread, thats right near where I live.

Cherry Lime-aid, here I come

I've heard great things about their brownie blasts. How dare DQ discontinue the brownie batter blizzard.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
I've heard great things about their brownie blasts. How dare DQ discontinue the brownie batter blizzard.

Their desserts are awesome. Im pretty partial to the warm apple pie shake. I dont know how they pull it off, but the chunks of apple pie stay warm inside the vanilla icecream.

Man, I gotta step back from this. Sonic isnt gonna be here for a while, no use getting all worked up over it

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Keep this in mind....if the game is called tonight, C.C. would face the Twins.

Which brings me back to my original post, this was part of it, but I forgot to add it ;) Now, i am bored and want baseball, boo my original post.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
That my friend, is the key word in my opinion.

Yes sir! Nothing better than a great defensive play that stops the oposition dead in their tracks. We can hit all the homers we can possibly get, but defense will make our solo shots be enough for a win even if it's 1-0