I hate Manny Ramirez

IamPabloOzuna

I didn't see anything else posted here and I thought it needed to be discussed. What the hell is Manny's deal? How does it get off so easily after shoving the teams travel secretary? He always has to prove how cool he is but all he does is come off as an arrogant jerk. Shawn Chacon definitely deserved to get cut, and I'm not saying cut Manny, but some order of discipline is necessary, not just a simple apology.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/01/sp...traveling-secr/

http://buntdouble.blogspot.com/2008/07/man...ny-asshole.html

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 01:07 PM)
I didn't see anything else posted here and I thought it needed to be discussed. What the hell is Manny's deal? How does it get off so easily after shoving the teams travel secretary? He always has to prove how cool he is but all he does is come off as an arrogant jerk. Shawn Chacon definitely deserved to get cut, and I'm not saying cut Manny, but some order of discipline is necessary, not just a simple apology.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/01/sp...traveling-secr/

http://buntdouble.blogspot.com/2008/07/man...ny-asshole.html

Amen...Ditto...I second that.

Agreed.

2 things:

1.) I was watching the Marlins game and even their announcers were miffed about how there was absolutely no discipline placed on Manny. They let him get away with too much s*** and he won't listen to anything management says. I think to myself, does Terry Francona ever do anything?

2.) I was watching the Rays game and Dwayne Staats was talking about the two Spanish broadcasters. The camera went in on them and they were rough-housing with each other having fun for the camera. Staats says those two like to beat up on each other. Right after he says that, Man-Ram is up and Staats says, "Speaking of beating up people, here's Manny." I thought it was funny.

Edited by chimpy2121

Not condoning or making excuses for his actions in this case but in general...

I love Manny Ramirez. I love watching him hit, I love watching him attempt to field, adn I find his antics often funny and harmless (ie the fan high five). Also, he truly enjoys the game, always smiling in the dugout. I would take him on my team any day of the week.

This is something MLB should almost step in on and attempt to discipline him if an investigation shows this happened(I say attempt because I'm sure if they did the Union would file a grievance). I enjoy Manny's silly antics on the field, but attacking someone in this manner should be handled by MLB if the club is not going to do anything

Many ramirez is an arrogant ungrateful jerk. I remember last year when they were in the playoffs and he said i dont care if we win people act like we wont be back. That is the worst attitude ive ever heard. He is just another example of a person given all the talent in the world and taking it for granted. What if he had blown his knee out the first day of his career hed be back in the dominican picking mangos, he disgusts me.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Many ramirez is an arrogant ungrateful jerk. I remember last year when they were in the playoffs and he said i dont care if we win people act like we wont be back. That is the worst attitude ive ever heard. He is just another example of a person given all the talent in the world and taking it for granted. What if he had blown his knee out the first day of his career hed be back in the dominican picking mangos, he disgusts me.

My first point is that, to me, it shows Manny has the utmost confidence in the front office, coaching staff, minor league system, himself and current players within the system. It's not one of the worst attitudes, it's one of the best and it kept the Red Sox relaxed as they went on to win the Series last year. It seemed to work.

Secondly, the picking mangos line seems pretty damn prejudicial to me, especially considering Manny Ramirez has resided in the United States for like 25 years now.