A's sign 16 year old pitcher

Rooftop Shots

Heard this on ESPN, checked it out with the link below.

Don't know much about this kid, but 6'7 210 lbs at 16 years old and getting that type of a signing bonus with quite a few other teams bidding on him as well, he must have some pretty terrific stuff.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...008/266411.html

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
that kid is 22. book it. no way he's REALLY 16

Yeah I strongly doubt that. It doesn't even look like he's used a razor in his entire life. I don't know how you can say "that kid is 22" and guarantee it. 6 year differences between actual age and reported age never happen.

He looks 16 to me.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 12:09 AM)
Yeah I strongly doubt that. It doesn't even look like he's used a razor in his entire life. I don't know how you can say "that kid is 22" and guarantee it. 6 year differences between actual age and reported age never happen.

He looks 16 to me.

He's not 16, but he's definitely not 22. He looks way too developed for 16, yet it looks like he has zero facial hair, so I'd say 18-19.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
He's not 16, but he's definitely not 22. He looks way too developed for 16, yet it looks like he has zero facial hair, so I'd say 18-19.

I remember watching Lebron in high school and thinking he must have been 25, same with Greg Oden....

I swear i read something about this signing being investigated in relation to the Dave Wilder fiasco.

edit: found it

http://mlbtr.blogs.sportsline.com/mcc/blog...g=Michel%20Inoa

Kevin Baxter of the L.A. Times has sources who believe at least one general manager is under suspicion as part of the Dominican player bonus-skimming investigation. Additionally, MLB might look into the Michel Inoa signing on the Rangers' behalf.
Edited by kyyle23