Konerko BAD - Fire GOOD

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
The bottom line is booing Konerko would be a classless act. If you have no class, and must boo, by all means boo. Its just a shame that all White Sox fans, at least nationally will be lumped in with the drunken knuckleheads that wouldn't say squat to Paulie's face.

Yeah pretty much that.

And yeah, Konerko's had a horrible season. But it's not like the team as a whole has sucked because of Konerko's bad numbers. If he keeps producing the way he has though, it wouldn't surprise me to see him booed, but I think he'll turn it around, his BABIP is down in the .230's, and it's not going to stay that low forever.

If I was sitting next to someone who booed Konerko, I'd smack 'em with my damn program.

I really don't understand the stupidity of booing a struggling hometown hero.

It's more than classless. It's pointless and moronic.

The bottom line is booing Konerko would be a classless act. If you have no class, and must boo, by all means boo. Its just a shame that all White Sox fans, at least nationally will be lumped in with the drunken knuckleheads that wouldn't say squat to Paulie's face.

Dick Allen and stretch and scenario said it all.

I am going to try to not open this thread again, but I may slip and do so.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
If I was sitting next to someone who booed Konerko, I'd smack 'em with my damn program.

Honestly.....

I was at a bar a few days ago and I was wearing my #14 Jersey....I ran into a cubs fan who told me he thinks its bulls*** that all the Sox fans have turned there back on a slumping player. Gave me props for stickin with him and said he thought Paulie would come out of it.

Classiest Cub fan I think I have ever met...who would have ever thought a Cub's fan has logical thought???

Paulie is not losing us games...and until it is his fault we are losing games, I am gonna stick with him....

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Paulie is not losing us games...and until it is his fault we are losing games, I am gonna stick with him....

One can argue he had a large part in helping us lose our last game. An 0 for 6 performance with 9 LOB is pretty weak especially when you lose a 1 run game.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
One can argue he had a large part in helping us lose our last game. An 0 for 6 performance with 9 LOB is pretty week especially when you lose a 1 run game.

or the dropped double play ball in KC, or the caught stealing that he threw into CF

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
ok, well then, time to start picking out individual pitches that have lost us games....

Keep the blinders on all year if you want but as of 07/18/08 I think we can all agree that Paul Konerko has had a miserable season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Keep the blinders on all year if you want but as of 07/18/08 I think we can all agree that Paul Konerko has had a miserable season.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The problem I have is he hasn't been healthy so its really not fair or intelligent to write off his career based on his play while he had a bad hand or for a couple of games after sitting with an oblique problem. He did have a down year last year, but it really wasn't that horrible and so did just about every White Sox. So his "downward trend" is based on a season the whole team was down and he still put up decent numbers, and half a season of playing injured. Its beyond silly.

I want to thank kyyle23 for seeing how two sided Konerko is. When he is good he is great. When he is down, he is pathetic. I know his numbers look really good but when you watch him everyday I just don't understand how anybody can ignore his bad side.