Konerko BAD - Fire GOOD

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:13 AM)
Overreation. When Konerko gets hot, which he will soon, most everyone will change their tune.

He needs to go back to the leg kick. He's so much more dangerous, and his bat gets through the zone quicker.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
He needs to go back to the leg kick. He's so much more dangerous, and his bat gets through the zone quicker.

Interesting...never noticed that. One thing I do notice when Paulie is slumping...and I know people will poo-poo me...but if you have any of these past 3 games recorded...tell me I'm nuts...but he tips his bat forward instead of being up and down. He was doing this crap last year I noticed too.

I've just grown tired of looking at Konerko. He has been on this team far too long. If he left tomorrow I wouldn't care. Especially with Thome filling the role of slow footed slugger. We've seen what their capable of without him. More than enough players capable of hitting a HR in his absence, and the upgrade which happens both in CF (Wise/BA) and 1b (Swisher) would be beneficial to us.

Even now, I understand there's a possibility he will rebound offensively. Although 2003 suggests he may not. It's just, when you begin to carry over your troubles to the defensive end then it becomes embarrassing to watch. Especially when it involves moving yourself a full two feet to the left to catch a fricken ball.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
Overreation. When Konerko gets hot, which he will soon, most everyone will change their tune.

I've never been a fan of Paulie. Maybe once sometime in october of '05. He is the mascot of our streaky offense. When he is bad, he is as bad a player in the league. When he is good he is decent. He needed to go about 6 years ago imo.

The players currently hitting worse than Paulie are pitchers and Juan Uribe. I too have had enough of the 3.5 month slump. Paul in the line up means Swisher is playing out of position, therefore the team is much weaker up the middle, slower, and weaker at the dish. At what point do you stop caring about who makes how much money, instead of putting the players who are best suited to help the team win on the field? Clearly the guy is still hurt or no longer any good.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
If the Sox got rid of every player this board has wanted to get rid of, I think we would still have AJ, Alexei, Quentin, and Jenks and that is about it.

Jenks would have been gone following either series vs Baltimore. Alexei would have been gone following the first couple weeks of the season.

I agree. I can't believe the one post saying you never liked Paulie. My god. What a fickle fan!

Never liked Paullie??

Putting Swish at first and Wise/Anderson in center is not a better option than Paulie.

He just needs to start being Paulie.

But to say you never liked Paulie ... that is insane. Look at his career!!! Ingrate.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
I agree. I can't believe the one post saying you never liked Paulie. My god. What a fickle fan!

Never liked Paullie??

Putting Swish and first and Wise/Anderson in center is not a better option than Paulie.

He just needs to start being Paulie.

But to say you never liked Paulie ... that is insane. Look at his career!!! Ingrate.

Agreed. That grand slam on October 23, 2005 showed why somebody should never like a player. :chair

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Interesting...never noticed that. One thing I do notice when Paulie is slumping...and I know people will poo-poo me...but if you have any of these past 3 games recorded...tell me I'm nuts...but he tips his bat forward instead of being up and down. He was doing this crap last year I noticed too.

He has always done that with his bat, it is thought to generate more bat speed and thus power. It is, however, not considered fundamental and makes it harder to catch up to a good fastball, something he never used to have a problem with.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
blind faith. gotta love it.

also goes the same way with blind hatred.

I can't understand how some people react this way with every loss. Doesn't it give you ulcers or something? Christ, we could win 39 in a row, lose 1 and people would be calling for half the team to be traded and declare the season over. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:53 AM)
He has always done that with his bat, it is thought to generate more bat speed and thus power. It is, however, not considered fundamental and makes it harder to catch up to a good fastball, something he never used to have a problem with.

Not to the extent he's been doing it since he came back. Bat tip is WAY too far forward. Check your tape if you have any...

I can't understand how some people react this way with every loss. Doesn't it give you ulcers or something? Christ, we could win 39 in a row, lose 1 and people would be calling for half the team to be traded and declare the season over. Ridiculous.

If we actually win the series, for me it's much easier to take a loss even when there are obvious goats. We won two of three so it's a success.

I mean the Sox coulda got swept this week in KC if not for some come from behind heroics.

Today we were six outs from the sweep but KC came back.

If Paulie can hang onto the throw ... great, but it might have been something else. The game wasn't over yet.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
I've never been a fan of Paulie. Maybe once sometime in october of '05. He is the mascot of our streaky offense. When he is bad, he is as bad a player in the league. When he is good he is decent. He needed to go about 6 years ago imo.

If he was gone 6 years ago, there's a great chance there is only 1 blue seat at USCF, and a pretty decent chance there are none. MVP in the ALCS, 2 3 run first inning homers are a great way to start big games, and perhaps the most dramatic homer in team history a grand slam in the WS that made a 2 run deficit a 2 run lead. If he doesn't hit it, Podsednik's wouldn't have mattered.