Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pittsburgh Penguins are closing in on an extension with Evgeni Malkin that is believed to mirror the extension Pens captain Sidney Crosby signed in July of 2007, a five-year deal averaging $8.7 million.

Sources tell TSN that Pittsburgh general manager Ray Shero and Malkin's agent J.P Barry are believed to be finalizing the details with an announcement exected either later today or tomorrow.

from tsn.ca

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:26 PM)
Haha, didn't look above you?

See how yours says "and may be first to sign" or something of that nature? Well, I was trying to figure out who that was, either Hossa or Campbell, so I had it in this box forever.

2:16pm ET - Blue Jackets looking at Brendan Morrison... Atlanta talked to Wade Redden... Chicago still pushing for Hossa and/or Campbell.

from TFP

Also, Vancouver has offered Sundin 2 years, $20 million :lolhitting

Seen this on Stuy's board but I am sure it comes from Ek...if this is true DT better run away. Campbell is no Lidstrom.

Brian Campbell asking price (E1)

"According to a Source the asking price for Brian Campbell is beyond 70 million bucks. Teams with less than 70 need not apply."

Edited by EvilJester99

-it is confirm that Marian Hossa have 7 offers on the table. LA Kings, Boston, Montreal, Chicago, Edmonton, Vancouver and NY Islanders.

-Canucks offered Sundin that 2 year 20 mil offer

-Vrbata, former blackhawk, signs 3 year deal with the Lightning. There team is getting nuts

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
-it is confirm that Marian Hossa have 7 offers on the table. LA Kings, Boston, Montreal, Chicago, Edmonton, Vancouver and NY Islanders.

-Canucks offered Sundin that 2 year 20 mil offer

-Vrbata, former blackhawk, signs 3 year deal with the Lightning. There team is getting nuts

Source??

Raycroft signs 1 year deal with Avs per TSN

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
Along with TSN and HockeyBuzz, I have been looking at this blog http://worldsportsnet.blogspot.com/

G Conklin signed with the Wings

Habs resign RFA Andre Kostitsyn

Thanks.

Was just about to post that Conklin to the Wangs.

Also, that Kostitsyn is for 3.25 per.

Fedoruk signs for 3 years for PHO.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

NHL Rumor - Jul 1 " While the Rangers will check in on Marian Hossa, The Post has been told that the Bruins are preparing to present the 29-year-old winger with an offer in the neighborhood of $100M over 12 years. Hossa has previously rejected a six-year offer of $7.5M per from the Penguins. The Bruins would be able to accommodate the contract by waiving Glen Murray and Manny Fernandez."

8.3 per- that's what I expected. I'm not sure he could pass up $100 million over 12 years, though. If I'm DT, I offer him a 7-59.5 which is 8.5 a year and hope for the best. If Boston gets Hossa, they go from being an 8 seed to a 4 or 5 in the East.

Huet, hmmmm.

Well I was pushing very hard for him mid - season. And he did play a major role in the Caps getting to the playoffs.

Does anyone think Khabibulin could be on his way to Tampa Bay for Dan Boyle? There's been rumors here and there of them asking him to waive his no trade clause FWIW.

Here is a breakdown of Tuesday’s trades:

- Minnesota Wild acquire defenceman Marek Zidlicky from Nashville Predators for Ryan Jones and a second-round pick

- Edmonton Oilers acquire winger Erik Cole from Carolina Hurricanes for defenceman Joni Pitkanen.

- Edmonton Oilers acquire centre Gilbert Brule from Columbus Blue Jackets for winger Raffi Torres

- Calgary Flames acquire restricted free agent forward Rene Bourque from Chicago Blackhawks for a future second-round pick

- Los Angeles Kings acquire defenceman Denis Gauthier a second-round pick from Philadelphia Flyers for defenceman Patrik Hersley and winger Ned Lukacevic.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Huet, hmmmm.

Well I was pushing very hard for him mid - season. And he did play a major role in the Caps getting to the playoffs.

Does anyone think Khabibulin could be on his way to Tampa Bay for Dan Boyle? There's been rumors here and there of them asking him to waive his no trade clause FWIW.

I thought Boyle wanted to go east to the New York area

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 1, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
Seen this on Stuy's so TIFWIW.

someone on hockeybuzz saying sportsnet reported huet close to signing with hawks?

Saw that, too. Somebody on the Hawks board said the same thing.

ATL offered Campbell 7 years, $70