Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

From the Hawks official board- a member posted it.

Ok, I hesitate to post and PLEASE take it with a grain of salt but i thought I would share...

Source is an employee of the Hawks organization who is related to a friend of mine (his cousin):

Seabrook, Khabby and cash for Kopitar, trade supposed to go through later this week.

Again, it is not a great source and perhaps is nothing better then (further) discussion.

Thoughts?

Kopitar answers what we need. Seabrook figures to be an offensive D-Man who just isn't that offensive yet. If we had to move one, I'd move him before Keith. Also, I think the Blackhawks believe that Barker will take the next step and make up for what is lost from losing Seabs. We'll see though.

Kopitar in, Khabibulin out, and all it costs is Seabrook = steal if you ask me. Our offense would be deadly.

However, I think this is old news being re-hashed to start things, so I won't get too excited until it's official.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
Slim pickings for the Hawks single-game tickets today.

I wanted just one game for sure, vs. the Bruins on November 12th.

They had no 20-dollar seats left, so I had to grab 40-dollar seats.

I'll have to rely on family and friends to get to a few more games this year.

I heard most games are sold out?

Thank God for getting season tickets just in time.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 02:37 AM)
Went online yesterday and was happy to find that there were still some 2-for-1 15-dollar seats for 10/22 vs. Edmonton.

2 tickets for 27 bucks after TicketBastard fees = not bad!

where you sittin

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)
The marketing of the Blackhaws is actually getting kind of sad in this regard. I guess that is where the disposable income is at.

I feel the game will be a disaster with the inabiltiy to actaully see anything but whatever the joint is a shrine.

I've been calling their marketing The Second Cubbing since McDonough came aboard..

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago.

1) Their 'one goal' is to raise the W flag for one game that nets us 2 points? Awesome

2) The Sox and Hawks are sponsoring each other this season, so it makes even less sense to promote Cubs traditions.

3) The Hawks don't raise a flag after any game, win, loss, or snowout.

4) Put down the baseball bats. We get it. It's in a baseball stadium. But this has nothing to do with the Cubs, or the actual game of baseball. It looks stupid.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
Yeah, I saw that a few days ago.

1) Their 'one goal' is to raise the W flag for one game that nets us 2 points? Awesome

2) The Sox and Hawks are sponsoring each other this season, so it makes even less sense to promote Cubs traditions.

3) The Hawks don't raise a flag after any game, win, loss, or snowout.

4) Put down the baseball bats. We get it. It's in a baseball stadium. But this has nothing to do with the Cubs, or the actual game of baseball. It looks stupid.

Get real. You seriously think that anyone in the organization is prioritizing the outcome of this game before winning the cup? The Hawks'll get to be the center of attention for a day, and the situation is being milked as it should. Last I heard, season ticket sales are up over 300%, but let's b**** about an advertisement.

QUOTE (CubsSuck1 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Get real. You seriously think that anyone in the organization is prioritizing the outcome of this game before winning the cup? The Hawks'll get to be the center of attention for a day, and the situation is being milked as it should. Last I heard, season ticket sales are up over 300%, but let's b**** about an advertisement.

No, I'm not. But the ad is stupid.

It's the cubification of the hawks, and I don't like it one bit. I don't want the UC to be the place to be and be seen.

If this Tony Amonte thing is anything more than a puck drop and some highlights, it's an absolute joke. Come to Hull, Mikita, Espo, Pilote and...

Tony Amonte night?

Enough already.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 11:40 AM)
No, I'm not. But the ad is stupid.

It's the cubification of the hawks, and I don't like it one bit. I don't want the UC to be the place to be and be seen.

If this Tony Amonte thing is anything more than a puck drop and some highlights, it's an absolute joke. Come to Hull, Mikita, Espo, Pilote and...

Tony Amonte night?

Enough already.

The Sox and Hawks have done joint marketing too. As far as I'm concerned its great marketing. They are playing a game in Wrigley and are marketing a Wrigley field custom towards hockey. Amonte being recognized isn't necessarily a bad idea too, considering he's the face any younger fan of the franchise would recognize (over Hull/Mikita/Espo/etc).