Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 6, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
And another SO lost. We need to find a way to win these close games by playoff time.

The two Detroit goals in the 3rd looked totally stoppable to me. Break down in D on the tying goal, but they should of both been stopped IMO.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)
Taking the kids to the first game of the season at the UC tonight vs Phx. Wondering if Crawford might get the start in goal. Wondering further if that's a good thing or not.

I think Huet needs a break. Giving Crawford a start is a good idea to me right now.

Have a great time! Remember, no cotton candy form the kids at the UC, but they do have 5-dollar ice cream bars! :o

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
I think Huet needs a break. Giving Crawford a start is a good idea to me right now.

Have a great time! Remember, no cotton candy form the kids at the UC, but they do have 5-dollar ice cream bars! :o

The Black unis, 7 goals, a few fights, and, yes, $5 ice cream bars, helped ease the kids' disappointment that the UC didn't have Lemon Chills (they didn't notice the absence of cotton candy). A good time was had by all.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
The Black unis, 7 goals, a few fights, and, yes, $5 ice cream bars, helped ease the kids' disappointment that the UC didn't have Lemon Chills (they didn't notice the absence of cotton candy). A good time was had by all.

Glad to hear you had fun!

Of course, 7 goals pretty much guarantees a good time....unless the opposition scores 8, of course.... :D

And I yammer on and on about the $5 ice cream, but I never really mind paying it to make the kid happy. I am, however, more than happy to skip the $6.50 or $7 beer (or whatever it costs now - I never buy beer at the game unless I go with my cousin who enables my inner alcoholic).

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
Glad to hear you had fun!

Of course, 7 goals pretty much guarantees a good time....unless the opposition scores 8, of course.... :D

And I yammer on and on about the $5 ice cream, but I never really mind paying it to make the kid happy. I am, however, more than happy to skip the $6.50 or $7 beer (or whatever it costs now - I never buy beer at the game unless I go with my cousin who enables my inner alcoholic).

I cant even drink at Bulls/Hawks games because all they serve is Bud Light which gives me a headache as soon as I take the first sip. Also, does anyone think that the food quality has really slipped lately at the UC?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)
I cant even drink at Bulls/Hawks games because all they serve is Bud Light which gives me a headache as soon as I take the first sip. Also, does anyone think that the food quality has really slipped lately at the UC?

YES.

They serve some f***ing sandwich that smells like body odor. I don't remember what it was supposed to be, but it was a stink bomb. My friend had one at the Hawks/Oilers game and even the empty wrapper smelled so bad that we had to go to the concourse and throw the goddamned thing away.

The pizza my wife and kid had at the Bulls game on Saturday night wasn't as good as before, either, but at least it wasn't offensive.