Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
The Stars cut Sean Avery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3768552

Karma's a b****.

And the over-reaction continues.

You sign a guy for the "emotion" and "grit" he brings, knowing full well he's an asshole, then you cut him for being an asshole.

Hilarious.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
And the over-reaction continues.

You sign a guy for the "emotion" and "grit" he brings, knowing full well he's an asshole, then you cut him for being an asshole.

Hilarious.

Agreed on the over-reaction, but it was somewhat of a questionable signing for that team to begin with, and I understand that even before this, Avery had become a pariah in his own locker room.

Ironically, this (latest) controversy gives the Stars cover for a decision which they may not have made otherwise, but it also makes sense for hockey reasons. Brett Hull just got stripped of his co-GM duties, in part because it was his decision to bring Avery in.

Looking forward to watching the Home Team tonight against Columbus. I fell asleep and missed the end of Friday night's game against the Avs after a long week of work.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 14, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
The Hawks remind me of the Bears- every game, it seems like they disappear for half a period or so.

They start out slow sometimes but come on strong after the first intermission. I dont know if its adjustments or Q getting on their asses a little.

BTW, the 4th line has been outstanding on this winning streak. Eager looks like a man possessed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
Yes, and it's most definitely time for the Hawks to give Bulin away and get this Sundin signing completed.

You have to be careful though not to ruin some team chemistry. Bulin is obviously a big part of this team and sending him away could send a bad vibe through the team. However, if you can sign Sundin and get some solid prospects for Bulin, fiscally and for the future it probably makes sense. I actually kind of like the two-goalie tandem, keeps them both fresh, but obviously they are making too much money combined.