Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
Tonight showed why this team shouldn't be called "elite".They are a very good team that is extremely exciting, but are not in the class of San Jose-Detroit-Boston. The bad penilties taken by the youth on the team are a prime example of the Hawks just not being on that level.

I will say Conklin has played out his ass tonight, and was very impressive.

Penalties in the offensive zone suck. They had been better at this recently, tonight it cost them. We did have some real good pp chances, especially early, but couldn't capitalize. I liked the looks on it though.

Detroit is such a good passing and puck possession team, especially down low. They don't turn it over in the neutral zone often, and it's tough to forecheck on them. And this was WITHOUT Lidstrom.

Oh, and f*** ty conklin.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
Tonight showed why this team shouldn't be called "elite".They are a very good team that is extremely exciting, but are not in the class of San Jose-Detroit-Boston. The bad penilties taken by the youth on the team are a prime example of the Hawks just not being on that level.

I will say Conklin has played out his ass tonight, and was very impressive.

I said almost exactly this in another place before this game. The Hawks are very good, but they aren't top echelon, at least not yet. There is nothing wrong with where they are now, they just aren't SJ/DET good right now.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
Games like this are where it would be nice to have a legit heavyweight on the team.

Ben Eager's the closest thing I guess.

I'd like to dump Craig Adams though, and acquire a 4th line RW who can protect Kane, Toews and Versteeg, if that guy is available.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jan 6, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Games like this are where it would be nice to have a legit heavyweight on the team.

Do the Redwings have a legit heavy weight? Let the other team take useless penalties by guys who couldn't survive except to get their faces pounded in as "enforcers".