Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks dont look the same. I can see them having a little trouble on the road, but it was really loud at the UC tonight and they did'nt get fired up. If Habby was'nt in the net we would have got pounded.

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
The Hawks dont look the same. I can see them having a little trouble on the road, but it was really loud at the UC tonight and they did'nt get fired up. If Habby was'nt in the net we would have got pounded.

Like Q said in the post game presser. They have had 5 games in 8 days. They might just need a break. That and maybe its time to switch up the lines a little bit.

You can't be rocking at 100% like this over 5 games in 8 days. It's just not possible. The Hawks won last night, and they just need a break. This team is very young, there will be a rough stretch or two, but in the end, I think they'll easily lock up a top 4 playoff spot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 12, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Did anyone watch the post game interview with Khabi? Man watching his eyes was something else. They were darting all over the place while he was talking. It was freaky to watch.

Did he look like Denis Lemieux in Slap Shot?

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
I’ve never been a hockey fan, but it’s an absolute pleasure to watch these young Blackhawks play.

same as me...i've never watched hockey really until this year...i guess im jumping on the bandwagon...part of it is that they are good im sure, part of it is that they are on tv now, alot of it is that I have time to watch them right now, and alot of it is that I am back in chicago for the first winter in 5 years, but I watch em just about every night I can....and I am digging it alot more than anticipated...this team is pretty f***ing good

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
same as me...i've never watched hockey really until this year...i guess im jumping on the bandwagon...part of it is that they are good im sure, part of it is that they are on tv now, alot of it is that I have time to watch them right now, and alot of it is that I am back in chicago for the first winter in 5 years, but I watch em just about every night I can....and I am digging it alot more than anticipated...this team is pretty f***ing good

I've always been a fairweather Blackhawks fan. I admit it. Ha

Different now though. When they were bad in the past, the organization was being run like crap. If they go down the toilet, I'll probably still stick with them cuz you can see what the organization is doing.

What a great game! That 6 minute penalty kill was epic, but Buffalo seemed to lax up thinking they had so much time. WE had the best scoring chance in that 6 minutes. haha, that toews goal was maybe the most boring hockey goal I've ever seen.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
You gonna youtube this thing, Rock?

If I knew how. Only a few people I know saw the nipple pop out, it was clear as day. Hilarious.

Oh and that beatdown was fun. I officially ordered a Ben Eager tshirt jersey, that dude is nails.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 12:45 AM)
What a great game! That 6 minute penalty kill was epic, but Buffalo seemed to lax up thinking they had so much time. WE had the best scoring chance in that 6 minutes. haha, that toews goal was maybe the most boring hockey goal I've ever seen.

I was at the game and most people in the stadium weren't sure that Toews scored for about 5 minutes.

I was listening to Big Buff on the radio the other night with Jesse Rogers and he was saying that the worst ice in the league is at the UC. He said the best ice was in Detroit and that the ice at the winter classic was even better than what they get at the UC. I wouldnt have thought that,found it kinda interesting.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
If I knew how. Only a few people I know saw the nipple pop out, it was clear as day. Hilarious.

Oh and that beatdown was fun. I officially ordered a Ben Eager tshirt jersey, that dude is nails.

I saw the "nipple pop out" twice. The first when she celebrated her goal and when she set up for the second shot, there it was again. Kind of neat how it just put it self back in. I say the Hawks do this after the 1st and 2nd period now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
I've always been a fairweather Blackhawks fan. I admit it. Ha

Different now though. When they were bad in the past, the organization was being run like crap. If they go down the toilet, I'll probably still stick with them cuz you can see what the organization is doing.

This pretty much describes me as well. Damn the Blues have given the Hawks a lot of trouble this year, but it was nice to see the visitors come up with 2 points last night. I thought Huet played a fantastic game, with an assist to the Blues for all of those off the mark shots on golden scoring chances.