Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
The Sedin twins.. they are a couple of pussies.

To be honest, I think we'll do fine against Vancouver. They barely held off the Flames in their division, and only have home ice because of stupid rules that division winners get the top 3 seeds. Just because they are the 3 seed does not mean they are better than the Blackhawks... quite the opposite in fact.

Hawks in 6.

Plus, the 'hawks should be fired up after the hair-pulling incident from the last time these two teams played. I was very impressed with the way this team held back from taking stupid penalties after Calgary was trying to goad them into it. I hope the time off has cooled Luongo.

'hawks in 7.

To be honest, I think we'll do fine against Vancouver. They barely held off the Flames in their division, and only have home ice because of stupid rules that division winners get the top 3 seeds. Just because they are the 3 seed does not mean they are better than the Blackhawks... quite the opposite in fact.

Hawks in 6.

I think they are more physical and slightly dirtier than Calgary which may hurt us a little, but all in all we should handle them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)

Hawks in 6.

Haha, agree with the first sentence, but I can't see us in 6. This has 7 games written all over it.

Round 2:

Thursday, April 30 at Vancouver

Saturday, May 2 at Vancouver

Tuesday, May 5 at Chicago

Thursday, May 7 at Chicago

*Saturday, May 9 at Vancouver

*Monday, May 11 at Chicago

*Thursday, May 14 at Vancouver

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:51 AM)
Round 2:

Thursday, April 30 at Vancouver

Saturday, May 2 at Vancouver

Tuesday, May 5 at Chicago

Thursday, May 7 at Chicago

*Saturday, May 9 at Vancouver

*Monday, May 11 at Chicago

*Thursday, May 14 at Vancouver

I wish we started Friday, but oh well. I'll have to listen to the radio for game 2 as I'll be driving up to Chicago from Florida. I can't wait for Thursday.

Just bought some tickets to Tuesday's game, can't wait!!! Gonna take my dad, I think he's gonna flip. Hopefully, by the time they get back it will be at least 1-1. Go Hawks!!!!! Bring'um on

:bringit :bringit :bringit

Edited by NIUSox

Central Times added

QUOTE (Sec101Row1 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
Round 2:

Thursday, April 30 at Vancouver 8:00

Saturday, May 2 at Vancouver 8:00

Tuesday, May 5 at Chicago 7:00

Thursday, May 7 at Chicago 7:00

*Saturday, May 9 at Vancouver 9:30

*Monday, May 11 at Chicago 8:00

*Thursday, May 14 at VancouverTBD

That game 5 start time is brutal

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
On a Saturday night, I love that late starting time, and all the weekday games at Vancouver start at 8 PM, which is nice as well

:lolhitting I didn't even look at the day of the week. Wow, i'm blind. I take back my brutal comment.

I was told that VS network has exclusive rights to Round 2 of the playoffs. Is it possible that there will still be a local channel? I have a friend who doesn't have VS, so I'm just trying to find out the details for him.

Edited by smalls2598

Hawks in 6.

The Canucks are a much better team than the injury depleted Flames. This matchup is much tougher.

Knock the Sedin twins if you wish, but they each put up 82 points this season. Anyone remember the last 2 games we had against them this year and how they played in those games? They are great players.

Add in the fact that Luongo is a much better goaltender than Kip, and this matchup is tough.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
The Canucks are a much better team than the injury depleted Flames. This matchup is much tougher.

Knock the Sedin twins if you wish, but they each put up 82 points this season. Anyone remember the last 2 games we had against them this year and how they played in those games? They are great players.

Add in the fact that Luongo is a much better goaltender than Kip, and this matchup is tough.

I'd say they are deeper and more physical as well. This was a matchup I didnt want from the get go.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
I'd say they are deeper and more physical as well. This was a matchup I didnt want from the get go.

It's the semi's... any matchup will not be one you want.

Tonight, tonight we s*** ourselves.

My tickets for Tuesday's game were delivered today!!!! Ha, my dad signed for the package and he doesn't even know whats in it. Gonna flip when I get home, open them up, and tell him he's going with me!! We need to get off to a fast start and I think that we will. I think we need to steal one of the two in Vancouver to have a good shot at advancing.

GO HAWKS!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
Yeah, they seem happy to have just gotten this far. Hopefully this ass-kicking wakes them up for Game 2.

It doesn't help when they have 7 penalties, including 4 double minors against them in the first 35 minutes. It's like the Canucks have razor blades in their gloves to ensure they bleed.