Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
That is one of the stupidest songs that I've ever heard...

Doo doo doo, doo doo doo

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Doo doo doo, doo doo doo

Doo doo doo doo doo

Doo doo doo, doo doo doo

Doo doo doo, doo doo doo

I always said I'd jump back on the bandwagon when Dollar Bill died. He did, and now I'm back. Yes, it helps that the team is good, but so what? When you're as bad as the Hawks were for so long, you gotta take all the fans you can get.

Kaner's 2nd goal won that game for us. I know a lot of people would say Burish's goal...a 4th line goal, was the big one. But just look at Luongo after Kane tied it at 5. He had no way of stopping us. I think Rosenbloom said it best. Kane's 2nd goal was opportunity, Toews 2nd goal was luck and Kane's third goal was skill. Any way the Nucks wanted to play, the 'hawks played...and eventually beat them. I really don't think it matters who the 'hawks play because after destroying Luongo, they have the confidence to beat anyone. Even the Dead Wings.

BTW, Luongo has NEVER allowed 7 goals as a Canuck. NEVER.

In fact...the last time he allowed 7 or more goals were back-to-back games in 1999-2000:

Luongo with the Islanders

The bandwagon thing is kind of hard to call with the Hawks. They were huge in the early 90's and then they turned into the worst franchise in all of sports not that long ago.

I was a season ticket holder from 92-07....not a bright move giving them up. We cancelled the day before Kane was drafted. There were times when I would just not go because they were so bad and it was not worth spending more money on them. When they had the ABC line I think I went to 3 games and simply threw out tickets to another 8 to 10 or so.

Does this make me a bad fan?

I am a season ticket holder for the White Sox and have been since 1990. If this team stays as hard to watch as they are now I will discontinue going this year. The enjoyment is not there and it cost to much to have a good time and watch miserable baseball.

As hard as the Sox are to watch right now, the Hawks are that enjoyable.

Thanks Rock.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
Kaner's 2nd goal won that game for us. I know a lot of people would say Burish's goal...a 4th line goal, was the big one. But just look at Luongo after Kane tied it at 5. He had no way of stopping us. I think Rosenbloom said it best. Kane's 2nd goal was opportunity, Toews 2nd goal was luck and Kane's third goal was skill. Any way the Nucks wanted to play, the 'hawks played...and eventually beat them. I really don't think it matters who the 'hawks play because after destroying Luongo, they have the confidence to beat anyone. Even the Dead Wings.

In fact...the last time he allowed 7 or more goals were back-to-back games in 1999-2000:

Toews 2nd goal was not luck, if it didnt deflect in Sharpie would have buried it.

That game last night was awesome. I don't really care about all the bandwagon fans, it's fun to see people that don't really care for hockey getting excited about this. I've been a Hawks fan my whole life, I remember how excited i was for our playoff series against the Blues in 2002. This is 15416541x better

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
That game last night was awesome. I don't really care about all the bandwagon fans, it's fun to see people that don't really care for hockey getting excited about this. I've been a Hawks fan my whole life, I remember how excited i was for our playoff series against the Blues in 2002. This is 15416541x better

I remember that series, I was down in Champaign, and we saw on TV that there still tickets available for the home games, which we couldnt believe. We got tix, drove up there, as the Hawks were in the midst of getting shut out for like 8 straight periods or so by Brathwaite. Not fun. The UC wasnt even sold out for the home games that series.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
I hated on Kane, Campbell and Buf all year. I am glad I was proven wrong.

I think Buf really got into Roberto's head early in the series and it affected him throughout. He actually was about to break down after the game. He had to walk away becasue he was crying or about to. It was a great moment becasue you saw the emotion and the impact of losing and his beliefthat he let his team and city down. I actually felt bad for him.

I wonder if Lu was hurt worse than he let on when they had the injury stoppage for him in the game. After that point he really seemed to fall apart.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)

Actually that isn't true. He did it in the first two games of this series.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
Are they blaming the refs for Vancouver going 1-5 on the power play or for Roberto Luongo playing like Stevie Wonder in the net?

Exactly. Vancouver got schooled last night. Period.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 12, 2009 -> 12:28 AM)
Yes, I kept thinking that every time I'd see Torchetti behind the bench. Duds still has a big role with the team as well.

Like I said, I'd MUCH rather watch Chicago play Detroit then Vancouver play Detroit. At least Chicago will make it fun to watch. And as bad as I hate Detroit in anything, I want to see the Hawks spank the wheel right off their f***ing jerseys.

I'm just disappointed for Hordi because this is the best team he's played on and he played a pretty good role in this series. He's finally stepped up in the playoffs, which was good to see.

And we used to think he ran a bad PP back in the K's days. Wow.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 12, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)

I'm going to go ahead and round that up to 15416550x better.

:D

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
And we used to think he ran a bad PP back in the K's days. Wow.

Actually Sonier was the one running special teams, that was one of the ongoing jokes from some of the players at that time... he never played the game yet was the one running special teams.

Torchetti is a really good tactics guy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
I remember that series, I was down in Champaign, and we saw on TV that there still tickets available for the home games, which we couldnt believe. We got tix, drove up there, as the Hawks were in the midst of getting shut out for like 8 straight periods or so by Brathwaite. Not fun. The UC wasnt even sold out for the home games that series.

You mean Brent Johnson

I was at both games, game 1 was sold out, game 2 wasn't quite. Upper rows of the corners and ends weren't filled.

That series had Blues fans getting the s*** beat out of them at the end of game 4. Fists flying everywhere around 329/330.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
He's got his confidence back... this is very good.

Thanks for the props on my calling Hawks in 6, btw. Don't be selective or anything.

When the Hawks win in 6 and then Caps in 5, I'll give you all the props you want.

I don't put much value on predictions, anyone can make them (and certainly anyone does), and whether you are right or wrong, doesn't prove or disprove how much you know about hockey, yes?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
When the Hawks win in 6 and then Caps in 5, I'll give you all the props you want.

I don't put much value on predictions, anyone can make them (and certainly anyone does), and whether you are right or wrong, doesn't prove or disprove how much you know about hockey, yes?

And you clearly don't know s***.

;)

:lol:

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)

It proves my balls are massive.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Actually Sonier was the one running special teams, that was one of the ongoing jokes from some of the players at that time... he never played the game yet was the one running special teams.

Torchetti is a really good tactics guy.

Hmm... I wonder whose lawn he is mowing now...

And as for Dudley, I really get the feeling he is the GM in waiting, as soon as Tallon decides to move upstairs into the executive suites for good.