Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Spiff @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
Oh Muzz will probably be bought out to get under the cap, they are just waiting on Wideman's arbitration. I agree they needed offense, but a guy like Stillman only got 3.5. Ryder had fewer points than Metropolit last year, doghouse or no doghouse.

Yea but Stillman is another grandpa.

Ryder is what....26ish?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242495&amp...os=secStory_nhl

Bernier to Canucks

I do not have a clue why Buffalo did this, Bernier is probably one of my favorite players in this league and he went so cheap. By the way this is the guy that SJ traded with a 1st rounder to get Campbell at the deadline.

I wish the Hawks could have gotten Bernier, that would have been awesome. But thats just me.

FAN590 says TB wants Khabibulin back and are willing to give us Ryan Smith in return.

Three good things that would come out of this:

1. Dump Khabby's contract.

2. Give Crawford another year down in Rockford.

3. Crawford is only 23. Smith's contract is up after this season anyway and Crawford will be 24 when he's the back-up. When he's 27, he'll be close to his prime and the starter.

:headbang

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
FAN590 says TB wants Khabibulin back and are willing to give us Ryan Smith in return.

3. Crawford is only 23. Smith's contract is up after this season anyway and Crawford will be 24 when he's the back-up. When he's 27, he'll be close to his prime and the starter.

yeah i heard that, but ill be happy when i see it

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
Mike Smith???

And were you actually listening to this station, or do you have a link where it came from?

My bad- I meant Mike.

I was listening to it. For my birthday, I got that HD-radio and I get sports radio stations from anywhere in the nation.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)

Man, when you said Ryan Smith, I thought you meant Ryan Smyth, and about s*** myself... then I started wondering how he got from Colorado to TB, then I read further and got sad.

I don't care what we get, just get rid of 'Bulin so we can re-sign Jason Williams. Mike Smith would be an ok 2nd or 3rd stringer...

Edited by Steve9347

the star 940 is making claims that the Hawks are trying to move high priced forward Martin Havlat. Teams rumored to be intrested are Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Atlanta, and not to rule out Edmonton or Montreal.

Take it for what it is worth.... seen this one Stuy's board. Depending on what DT would get back for him it might be alright. He better get some scoring punch.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
the star 940 is making claims that the Hawks are trying to move high priced forward Martin Havlat. Teams rumored to be intrested are Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Atlanta, and not to rule out Edmonton or Montreal.

Take it for what it is worth.... seen this one Stuy's board. Depending on what DT would get back for him it might be alright. He better get some scoring punch.

Havlet to Vancouver for Steve Bernier(and add w/e else you want) ... i would s*** myself ... if only ... or or or Havlet and w/e to Pitt for Jordan Staal ..... i would s*** myself ... if only :headbang

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Havlet to Vancouver for Steve Bernier(and add w/e else you want) ... i would s*** myself ... if only ... or or or Havlet and w/e to Pitt for Jordan Staal ..... i would s*** myself ... if only :headbang

I don't think they are moving Bernier.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
I don't think they are moving Bernier.

Nor do I think they'd ever move Staal.

Plus, didn't the Canucks just get Bernier from Buffalo? Why would they trade him just like that?

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Nor do I think they'd ever move Staal.

Plus, didn't the Canucks just get Bernier from Buffalo? Why would they trade him just like that?

who said they were? .. if you looked at my previous posts where i posted about the trade of Bernier, you would find(i think im not sure), that Bernier is one of my favorite players

And the Pens could move staal, but im not saying we are gonna get him. He's pretty much been playing PK for them and he is gonna be asking for money sooner of later, why have 3 C(Crosby, Malkin, and Staal) all over 2 mil(I think that was Staals bonus money)

you guys jumped on that post a little to attacking

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
you guys jumped on that post a little to attacking

Sorry that by questioning your ideas you consider that attacking. The Canucks went out of their way to acquire Bernier, and the Penguins aren't going to be giving up one of the top prospects in the game for Havlat, when they wouldn't give him up for both Havlat and Ruutu last year when Marty was healthy.

Of course either player would be great, but we're just trying to be realistic.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 5, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Sorry that by questioning your ideas you consider that attacking. The Canucks went out of their way to acquire Bernier, and the Penguins aren't going to be giving up one of the top prospects in the game for Havlat, when they wouldn't give him up for both Havlat and Ruutu last year when Marty was healthy.

Of course either player would be great, but we're just trying to be realistic.

and thats not the first time in this thread someone has made a out of the question type wish .. and no it wasnt attacking, but you guys were fast on the respond. There also was no confirmation that DT actually offered Havlet and Ruutu, it was just a rumor. Staal really isnt a prospect either, but i dont know how far you are going with your meaning of prospect, hes going to be going to his junior year, had an outstanding rookie year, slumped sophomore and sooner of later Pens wont be able to hold on to him.

About Bernier once again not like i expected it to happen, hes just one of my favorite young players, also Canucks really didnt go out of their way they just saw a steal and ran with it. I shouldnt have to explain myself but apparently not being realistic for one post i got it ha.

It was just seeing the teams and i threw it out there, not putting two and two together

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

Just a bunch of Tidbits in there. Havlet rumors to Pens crushed, as well as confimation of how much the Pens wanted him at the deadline last season. Also in there it says the Oilers have offered to Jason Williams.

Tampa Bay is interesting team now because after the Boyle trade they are 10 million under the cap. They are looking to sign Jason Smith but are also exploring the trade route. I got a tip tonight that they have entered the Pavel Demitra sweepstakes and there have been reports they are trying to move either Jussi Jokinen or Michel Ouellet. The growing concensus is Vancouver is the likely landing spot for Demitra but Tampa Bay and Washington are creating some buzz today. I've also heard that Buffalo, Atlanta and NYI have made offers.

I took this out of it just for the fact that TB might want to move Jussi Jokinen. I would love him on the team, now if only that could happen.

The Star Tribune, out of Minneapolis, and ESPNews, says the Hawks/Wangs on New Year's has been confirmed.

According to an NHL source, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings will participate in the league's second outdoor Winter Classic on New Year's Day.

The game will take place at Wrigley Field. An announcement is expected next week before the inaugural "Blackhawks Convention" at the Chicago Hilton.

"The outdoor game has been in the works for some time but finally approved last week when NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman met with the Blackhawks, Cubs and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley," Russo writes.

from startribune.com

:headbang :headbang :headbang